Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Laptop / Notebook Advice
Friends of ours just arrived in the UK recently and they want to get connected......

They are looking for a basic laptop, which could possibly already be configured for wireless use, obviously with a router....

Since I am in no way an expert, especially when it comes to hardware, could you possibly give me/them advice on a few options.... There is no need for a big HD, as they are only looking for something very basic, to do the basics on... email, etc.
Beans
Bean of Love Wrote:Friends of ours just arrived in the UK recently and they want to get connected......

They are looking for a basic laptop, which could possibly already be configured for wireless use, obviously with a router....

Since I am in no way an expert, especially when it comes to hardware, could you possibly give me/them advice on a few options.... There is no need for a big HD, as they are only looking for something very basic, to do the basics on... email, etc.

Beanie if they want something pretty cheap I would suggest they look at some the online retailers where they should get a basic laptop from around £460. Try
SCAN , ARIA or NOVATECH . (Novatech have laptops starting from £460 right now.)
Thankies Pic....

I will have a look at this this evening!
Beans

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Comparison of Laptop Computers Bushbaby 2 4,097 02-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Last Post: oe-la-la
  Bytes - any advice appreciated sooibrand 10 8,011 03-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Last Post: picanin
  Printer Advice Please Oom Rob 5 9,855 12-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Oom Rob
  Apple recalls 1.8 million laptop batteries after users burnt Pronkertjie 0 2,326 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: