Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigh, what to do.....?
Egnat.....I've only just seen your thread and I hope your daughter is feeling better, poor thing. Have they found out if there is anything wrong yet.
Hi Egnat. I've only just seen your thread. I'm glad that the doctors are finally taking you seriously. Your daughter's puffy eyes makes me wonder if she isn't perhaps suffering from some kind of allergy? Do any of her bedding contain feathers or down? I'm very allergic to feathers & used to wake up feeling dreadful if I'd spent the night sleeping on a feather pillow. My eyes would also be all puffed up & I'd have a horrid headache. Please let us know what the results are.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Piglet, I have sent you a pm regarding my daughter's illness. I would appreciate any information that you could come up with about it. I am a bit lost and I guess I am assuming that you seem to be knowledgeable about most of these things.

Thank you.
Egnat received your pm and answered as best I could.
Please take care and all the best.
Quote:Originally posted by egnat
Piglet, I have sent you a pm regarding my daughter's illness. I would appreciate any information that you could come up with about it. I am a bit lost and I guess I am assuming that you seem to be knowledgeable about most of these things.

Thank you.

I hope everything is ok with your little girl!!!!
Sorry everyone for that outburst..... the silly thing about the blood results was that they didn't find anything to explain why my daughter is as she is now.

The receptionist at the doctors phoned me very tactlessly this afternoon - a week after they had confirmed that all her tests were negative - to tell me that my daughter is a 'Beta Thalassemia Carrier' meaning that any future offspring that she has with another possible carrier may have a serious genetic anemia-related blood disorder........

The thing that made me so angry was that this woman assumed that it was something that I knew........ and told me that she has to come in to the surgery and see a doctor so that she can get a 'card' to carry for life. Well, I am off to the doctor tomorrow afternoon and may just cause a couple of waves........

:mad:
so sorry to hear this egnat......that receptionist needs a lesson in tact!!!!

Is this why your daughter has been suffering all these symptoms?
Egnat, we're sorry to hear of your daughter, hope everything will be okay soon.
Quote:Originally posted by egnat
Sorry everyone for that outburst..... the silly thing about the blood results was that they didn't find anything to explain why my daughter is as she is now.

The receptionist at the doctors phoned me very tactlessly this afternoon - a week after they had confirmed that all her tests were negative - to tell me that my daughter is a 'Beta Thalassemia Carrier' meaning that any future offspring that she has with another possible carrier may have a serious genetic anemia-related blood disorder........

The thing that made me so angry was that this woman assumed that it was something that I knew........ and told me that she has to come in to the surgery and see a doctor so that she can get a 'card' to carry for life. Well, I am off to the doctor tomorrow afternoon and may just cause a couple of waves........

:mad:

Sorry to hear this egnat...and the way the whole thing was handled is totally unacceptable, hope you did infact give her a piece of your mind. Hope your daughter is feeling better.
Egnat, I'm so sorry to hear this! Does this mean you or other members of your family are also carriers? I knew nothing about Beta Thalassemia so have been looking it up on Google & I can now understand just how devastating this must be for you! I have found some useful sites that may or may not be of help to you & any other Buzzers who are interested in knowing more:

What is Beta Thalassemia?

A Jewish Hereditary Genetic Research Project

The Beta Thalassemia Project

Please keep us informed & remember that we're here for you. (((HUGS)))
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<