Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teeth Grinding
For years now James has been grinding his teeth – apparently a lot of deaf people do it, due to hearing something and of course anxiety.

Now we are dealing with his issues with a psychologist but this morning one of his teeth fell out – grind to the bone.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to stop him grinding – he sleeps with a gumguard – at my wits end with this problem?
Never say never
My sone grinds his teath occassionally too.

We had been to the dentist to get the gum guard, but were told that we should wait til he gets his permanent teeth, and then see if he still does it.

I have realised that now after he has gotten his first set of permanent teeth his teeth grinding has sort of come to a halt.

It is a very weird thing, and can be quite upsetting for the parents. I have read somewhere that the children will grind teeth at night due to stress, or anxiety like you mentioned....but I dont know...

My sons milkteeth were ground right through the enamel at the back, you could see the different layers of tooth. Maybe yours will stop too when the permanent teeth come through...
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
I found this which might help shed some light on the issue:

What the dentist says ->

Wink
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brushing teeth dudette 6 4,566 24-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Curio
  Fruit juice and teeth angelbabe 14 8,770 09-01-2004, 02:24 PM