Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin Cancer
There's a lot in the news about malignant melanoma at the moment. Especially that it is rising amongst the under 16's and has been for the past 20 years. Frightening.

Has anyone considered, I wonder, whether or not the UV prevention creams which we use so much these days are to blame for this rise?

Just a thought..................
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
There's a lot in the news about malignant melanoma at the moment. Especially that it is rising amongst the under 16's and has been for the past 20 years. Frightening.

Has anyone considered, I wonder, whether or not the UV prevention creams which we use so much these days are to blame for this rise?

Just a thought..................

I think that many people think that once they apply a sunscreen, they can tan for as long as they want to.
Another thing is that many people do not realise that sunbeds are just as dangerous as the sun........
Quote:Originally posted by webtalk2003

Ditto. I used them (and a sun lamp) a lot in my youth. I'm now becoming extremly intolerant of the sun, which is awful. AND wrinkles are beginning to show with a vengance all over my body. YUK!

Webtalk, don't say ugh to wrinkles............. Smile

They are the medals which are won after a lifetime of experience! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Webtalk, don't say ugh to wrinkles............. Smile

They are the medals which are won after a lifetime of experience! Big Grin

Especially the wrinkes around the eyes, think of them as laughing lines, knowing that you laugh and smile alot :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Jillibeans
Especially the wrinkes around the eyes, think of them as laughing lines, knowing that you laugh and smile alot :haha:

mine are definitely laughing lines...:haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
mine are definitely laughing lines...:haha:
an article in the news here is now blaming UV A for many skin cancer issues; the focus for the last fifty years has been on the UV B.
Sun beds have used UVA lamps and skin creams are designed to block UVB not A
that could easily be why !!??!!along with your reasoning about extended periods in the sun
also they said they use metal in the cream to reflect the rays..... skin lightening cream with its mercury springs to mind.

then there was the cooking oil and diesel mix up on the border :bigcry:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prostate Cancer PomBok 20 10,180 02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Last Post: whirlpool
  Housework cuts breast cancer risk Pronkertjie 0 3,810 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: