Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something in my garden...
We used to have a fox that used to sleep in our garden in St.Albans. He/she had a nice pile of pine needles in the sun, and it used to snooze their quite happily. I loved to watch it. If we had a rabbit though - different story. Don't they make a real mess?
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
I tried leaving out food, it didn't work he just came back to the same spot (right next to my bougainvillea) and dig huge holes. I had to remove the bougainvillea as it got damaged by the little.....so and so.......

I know he must be coming back to the scent he left their the previous time so I am thinking of pouring some vinegar over the area...however I do want to use the space that he has no taken over, how long do I have to wait for the vinegar to work out before I can plant other plants their?
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
Quote:Originally posted by birdie
I tried leaving out food, it didn't work he just came back to the same spot (right next to my bougainvillea) and dig huge holes. I had to remove the bougainvillea as it got damaged by the little.....so and so.......

I know he must be coming back to the scent he left their the previous time so I am thinking of pouring some vinegar over the area...however I do want to use the space that he has no taken over, how long do I have to wait for the vinegar to work out before I can plant other plants their?

*Ahem* How to say this and be a little bit discreet...

Human urine will work much better at deterring the fox than vinegar. Apply regularly and your 'scent marking' will keep him away (assuming this is a fox and it is behaving as foxes are meant to behave...).
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
*Ahem* How to say this and be a little bit discreet...

Human urine will work much better at deterring the fox than vinegar. Apply regularly and your 'scent marking' will keep him away (assuming this is a fox and it is behaving as foxes are meant to behave...).

:haha: :haha:

Stitch me up I think I ripped my tummy from laughing...! I know exactly what I am going to do when I get home, tell Mr Baas about his new evening job!!!

Bird of prey

Quote:Originally posted by birdie
:haha: :haha:

Stitch me up I think I ripped my tummy from laughing...! I know exactly what I am going to do when I get home, tell Mr Baas about his new evening job!!!

He will probably thank you - given how hard most women have to work to keep their guys from unzipping just anywhere, giving him a patch in the garden will be like Valhalla come early! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
He will probably thank you - given how hard most women have to work to keep their guys from unzipping just anywhere, giving him a patch in the garden will be like Valhalla come early! Big Grin

He didn't think I was serious at first, but after a half hour of convincing him he did, two nights in a row!

I am going back to sa for a while he better keep it up!

Bird of prey

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Report - The Garden Bushbaby 7 4,783 23-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Bushbaby
  Useful Site - Garden Watchdog PomBok 5 3,909 18-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Bushbaby