Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spouse Visa
Good day all. I am about to apply for a spouse visa for my wife.

Yes, after all the time and hassle we have finally arrived in the UK. Now I need to sort out the legal stuff for my wife to stay. As she is with me, I am using the FLR(M) form to apply for the extension of stay.

After extensive reading on the UK border agency website, I understand this is the form she needs to fill out and then she should be given a 2 year visa after which she can apply on form SET(M) for the longer term permission.

My questions are, if anyone can confirm this is the correct procedure to follow and the correct forms to use. Also, will her visa she gets (obviously if all goes well) using the FLR(M) form grant her permission to multiple entry? Or is there something else I have to do for that too?

She will surely travel overseas with me during the next 2 years (Ireland, Paris, Germany, etc.)

Thanks in advance for all your input on this.

Kind Regards
M
Popeye Hi

I got your PM but was unable to respond over the weekend, will reply hopefully later tonight.
Popeye hi

As I previously advised, you should have applied for this before arriving in the UK, so I am unsure as to the correct form over here. I would suggest phoning the home office and asking them for the correct form.

With regards the second part of your question, yes, the two year visa is multi entry, although subject to certain restrictions as to the number of days per year you can stay overseas. Holiday visits are acceptable.
To travel to the Schengen visa countries, she can get a Schengen visa for free as she is a spouse of a UK citizen.
Thanks mcamp999

Unfortunately due to the time constraints and restrictions, I was unable to apply for the visa before arriving here, and as we have been advised that as a visitor she can stay for 6 months on an SA passport, we decided it would be best to come into the country and go in in person to apply, since we did find the forms on the immigration website, and it advised that application can be done in person for an additional (Premium) charge/fee.

Thanks for the info on the Schengen Visa too, that is much appreciated, not something we were aware about (That she can get it for free being the spouse of a UK citizen). COuld you please send me more information on this? How and where to apply for this, what forms to fill out, etc.

You can PM me if it is better.

Thanks
Mike

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what kind of visa for a relative????? southeaster 14 8,134 09-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Last Post: John01
  Ancestry visa may be removed John01 0 5,318 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Visa Help? Bean of Love 0 3,355 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  spouse visa Heather.T 0 3,900 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Spouse Visa Confusion popeye 0 4,040 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Working holiday visa question catzz220 0 3,686 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Points System Vs Ancestral Visa Bean of Love 0 4,806 Less than 1 minute ago