Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer, Spring, Autumn or Winter ?
In the different seasons, do you find your reading habits change or even what you read ? For eg would you read a lighter book in summer or in winter get engrossed in a thriller ? Do you read more in one season than another ?

Would be interesting to see the different replies -
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
I am a confessed book worm so I read everything and it depends on my mood - but if I think back I think I do tend to go for more involved books in the winter season as I read far more under the duvet in the long chilly nights. I do enjoy chick lit books in between and I do tend to read more light "fluffy" reads in the summer - I suppose this does go with my mood as I find I can get affected by the seasons since I've been in Europe.

The more that you read,

-Dr Seuss-
I can't say I've noticed my reading habits changed according to the weather. Although I find I too go through periods where I read those light fluffy novels, and then go through a period of non-fictions, like biographies etc.
I suppose I allow myself those really involved deep books when I know I'll have time to read them with no interruptions, which are usually over the school holidays at the moment! :haha:
True I think I most probably do not read that differently in the seasons most likely the case of I am less busy in winter and so have more time to delve into books, like you do Dudette in the school term time ! :haha:

The more that you read,

-Dr Seuss-
Depends on my mood, i don't think climate has anything to do with my reading habits, although i love reading trashy novels on holiday - 'cause i can then dump the book there and go home... :innocent: :innocent:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard and Judy's Summer Read nikkinaz 0 3,403 20-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  Richard and Judy's Summer Reads nikkinaz 0 3,202 26-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  The cold winter months ahead mean more reading..... nikkinaz 0 3,870 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  So what is on your Autumn reading list ? nikkinaz 0 3,485 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: