South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Summer, Spring, Autumn or Winter ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the different seasons, do you find your reading habits change or even what you read ? For eg would you read a lighter book in summer or in winter get engrossed in a thriller ? Do you read more in one season than another ?

Would be interesting to see the different replies -
I am a confessed book worm so I read everything and it depends on my mood - but if I think back I think I do tend to go for more involved books in the winter season as I read far more under the duvet in the long chilly nights. I do enjoy chick lit books in between and I do tend to read more light "fluffy" reads in the summer - I suppose this does go with my mood as I find I can get affected by the seasons since I've been in Europe.
I can't say I've noticed my reading habits changed according to the weather. Although I find I too go through periods where I read those light fluffy novels, and then go through a period of non-fictions, like biographies etc.
I suppose I allow myself those really involved deep books when I know I'll have time to read them with no interruptions, which are usually over the school holidays at the moment! :haha:
True I think I most probably do not read that differently in the seasons most likely the case of I am less busy in winter and so have more time to delve into books, like you do Dudette in the school term time ! :haha:

Icecub

Depends on my mood, i don't think climate has anything to do with my reading habits, although i love reading trashy novels on holiday - 'cause i can then dump the book there and go home... :innocent: :innocent: