Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gods Must be Crazy.................
JUst been watching a very dated Gods Must be Crazy on the Discovery Channel.

I think it was made in 1980, hell that was a lonnnnng time ago

It is still good to see Marius Weyers and Sandra Prinsloo
aka Madasafish
Quote:Originally posted by Terence H

And to see the coke bottle chucked out the plane..
Quote:Originally posted by Terence H

This must be doing a 20 year come back LOL ...... it was screened on SA's E TV at the begining of this year. Will always be a good laugh :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Daniela
This must be doing a 20 year come back LOL ...... it was screened on SA's E TV at the begining of this year. Will always be a good laugh :haha:
whatever happened to the bushman star of the film?
Quote:Originally posted by whirlpool
whatever happened to the bushman star of the film?

Mini-biography from IMdB
N!xau, a San from the Kalahari Desert, was discovered by director Jamie Uys and cast in the lead role in the 1980 movie Gods Must Be Crazy, The (1980). He received only a few hundred dollars for his work in that film, but was astute enough to negotiate for over half a million for his appearance in the sequel, Gods Must Be Crazy II, The (1989). He reportedly suffered from tuberculosis during his life, and in early July 2003, Namibian officials based in the remote area of the Kalahari where N!xau lived, confirmed his death, though the exact cause of death was unknown. His age when he died was estimated to be 59, as not even N!xau himself was sure of his birthdate.

Spouse
Kora (? - 5 July 2003) (his death) 6 children

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia
Demanded to be paid paid 800,000 South African rand in advance before repeating his role in "The Gods Must be Crazy II." He insisted the money was needed for a cinder-block house with electricity and a water pump for him, his three wives, and their children.

His name is a usual transliteration of his original language, Ungwatsi, which uses clicking sounds that have no equivalent letter in the Roman alphabet.

At first knowing the value of paper money, N!xau let his first wages, $300, blow away. However, by the time of "The Gods Must Be Crazy II," he had learned the value of money, demanding several hundred thousand dollars before agreeing to be recast in the film.

When he was discovered by Jamie Uys, the South African director of the film Gods Must Be Crazy, The (1980), he had only had minimal exposure to modern life. He had only seen three white people in his life before being cast and had never seen a settlement larger than the houses of the San people.

Member of the San, who are one of the indigenous groups of people of South Africa and Namibia.

After his film career faded, he became a farmer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salary
Gods Must Be Crazy II, The (1989) 600,000 South African Rand (approx. $80,000 US)
Gods Must Be Crazy, The (1980) $300
I bought the video in SA the last time I was there and after watching it the 10th time I gave it to my Lebanese partner.

As some if you might know - Lebanese are not very well known for their humour.

Hassan phoned me about 5 times in taters with laughter. He says it is the best movie he has ever seen.

Later I gave him - the Leon Schuster movies - his next holiday is to SA - he says we are the best people on eart and he tell the snake in the taxi story to everyone :haha:

Good old days :p
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Mini-biography from IMdB
N!xau, a San from the Kalahari Desert, was discovered by director Jamie Uys and cast in the lead role in the 1980 movie Gods Must Be Crazy, The (1980). ..................Spouse
Kora (? - 5 July 2003) (his death) 6 children

After his film career faded, he became a farmer.

Salary
Gods Must Be Crazy II, The (1989) 600,000 South African Rand (approx. $80,000 US)
Gods Must Be Crazy, The (1980) $300

:thumbs: Thnaks
Quote:Originally posted by whirlpool
:thumbs: Thnaks

As they say...

The Truth is Out There...

Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
As they say...

The Truth is Out There...

Big Grin

You been reading the " OVER 18 boards" :p