Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too good to be true ??? - Alonso punished for blocking Massa
From Formula1.com

World champion Fernando Alonso has dropped from fifth to tenth on the provisional grid for SundayÂ’s Italian Grand Prix after Monza stewards penalized him for impeding FerrariÂ’s Felipe Massa during qualifying.

Massa complained to officials that Alonso had blocked him whilst on his final run at the end of session. The stewards agreed and deleted the Renault starÂ’s three fastest times from Q3, though they did concede that AlonsoÂ’s actions may not have been deliberate.

The penalty has no effect on MassaÂ’s grid position as he had qualified fourth, immediately ahead of Alonso. However, it is good news for Ferrari team mate Michael Schumacher, who qualified second. Schumacher, who trails Alonso by 12 points in the driversÂ’ championship, now has seven cars between himself and his title rival for the start of FerrariÂ’s home race.

The final grid positions will be published by the FIA on Sunday morning.

I wonder if:

A- This is a ploy to make F1 more exciting
B- Ferrari favouritism

I did not see the quali so I cannot comment on the incident. Did anyone see it ? If so what are your thoughts ?

Another thought....

If he did "block", why isn't the punishement the same as was doled out to Schumi when he "blocked" earlier this year ?

:edit:

I see that The FIA have Alonso starting 10 on their grid list right now !!!
Think of how many times people get penalised for 'wrongdoing', whether deliberate or not, and then let's tlak about favouritism. :thumbs: What has everyone got against Ferrari? Just because they have a superior tem! :f1: :taped:
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Pampered Wrote:Think of how many times people get penalised for 'wrongdoing', whether deliberate or not, and then let's tlak about favouritism. :thumbs: What has everyone got against Ferrari? Just because they have a superior tem! :f1: :taped:

lols will now certainly put you on her Xmas present list Wink

there is a rumour .. she may like schumi and ferrari
Pampered Wrote:Think of how many times people get penalised for 'wrongdoing', whether deliberate or not, and then let's tlak about favouritism. :thumbs: What has everyone got against Ferrari? Just because they have a superior tem! :f1: :taped:

Thank goodness there are some people in the world who think the same way I do! Thanks Pam someone else is talking some sense. :f1:

What a pity about Michael retiring though as little twit Alonzo will have to find someone else to blame for his wrong doings next year.
[Image: qubranch_sig.gif]
Jan, I saw the incident, and heard the many interviews afterwards, and it does seem to be a plot to favour Ferrari, and there is a case to be made.
TheDuck Wrote:lols will now certainly put you on her Xmas present list Wink

there is a rumour .. she may like schumi and ferrari

I am also a fan of Schumi - he's the man! Big Grin Big Grin
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
lols Wrote:Thank goodness there are some people in the world who think the same way I do! Thanks Pam someone else is talking some sense. :f1:

What a pity about Michael retiring though as little twit Alonzo will have to find someone else to blame for his wrong doings next year.

Some people compare Alosno to Schumi from his early days, and I suppose there is a small degree of similarity (as much as it galls me to admit it) but I still think Schumi outclasses Alonso in every way! Even when the Ferrari's were so crappy last year, Michael proved his superior driving skills by doing damn well. Let's see Alonso do as well when he's in a crappy car! lololol
--Mahatma Gandhi
I still think it was good for Michael to retire and let his younger boet go on to do more wins..he could not have had that while his boet was in front... :wall:
Icecub Wrote:I still think it was good for Michael to retire and let his younger boet go on to do more wins..he could not have had that while his boet was in front... :wall:

Which boet are you refering to ? I hear that there is another younger boet on the way to F1.

I wonder if Michael listened to what Jackie Stewart, who also retired at the top of his career, was saying last weekend. He (Jackie) had to decide which question he'd rather hear from people.... "Why did you retire" or "Why didn't you retire" Wink

I think that Michael has made the right choice even though I'd have preferred for him to race :f1: till it was time for him to go on pension :p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kubica DQ good news for Ferrari lols 1 4,089 07-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Schu deals French blow to Alonso lols 0 3,281 17-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Last Post: lols
  Massa Confirmed At Ferrari lols 0 2,570 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Sato, Pizzonia punished for crashes Jangar 0 2,551 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Massa motivated despite engine penalty Jangar 0 3,472 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: