Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tummy bug
My son seems to have picked up a tummy bug, just when school is starting tomorrow.... he was in hospital this week having his treatment, when they admitted a baby in the same ward as him, - no idea, as i was out i did not realise until they left that she had a tummy bug, gosh if i knew that i would have made them put this baby in another ward, maybe maybe not he got it from her he so yesterday and today he has been non-stop on the toilet, he cannot even "fart" without getting the runs.... shame...i have given him imodium for kids from SA, hopefully it might work, let us see, in the meantime i have been giving him flat coke and watching him.....

is there any other remedies i can give him????
My mother's remedy is cream crackers and ginger ale. Our doctor always prescribed it for us.
Unfortunately I don't really have anything else for you Sad
I hope he gets better soon. Tummy bugs are no fun. Sad
Icecub, sorry to hear that your son isn't well & has a tummy bug. The immodium should help though. It's horrible when your child is sick. My daughter is also sick at the moment with flu.
Poor little guy!!! Hope he gets better soon Cubbie......

have not magic remedies I'm afraid.....always used to give my kids flat coke aswell.......
The unfortunate thing with tummy bugs is that the only real cure is to get it out of system. I would suggest soup something along the lines of chicken noodle so that he does not get dehydrated and dry biscuits and flat coke.

Hope he starts feeling better soon.
Went for a check up recently to find out how working night shift affects me physically, and one of the problems I have is a runny tummy when I work nights.... I was told to eat bananas and / or rice as they help against runny tummies...

I was also told to stay away from pepper (DUH !!!! - I am allergic to it)

Sadly - the remedies I was given only work for 'normal' runny tummy and not ones caused by other illnesses...
Cubby, you can try any of these homeopathic remedies:

Water-sugar-salt solution: This helps to prevent dehydration. You make the solution as follows: 2l water, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons salt. He must drink two glasses after every visit to the toilet.

Ricewater: Boil some rice in twice as much water as usual. Drink the water cooled.

Dried Blueberries: these are especially good if there is an infection.

Mashed Carrots: These help to sedate the colon, and have a calming effect on the whole digestive tract.

Potato flour: Dissolve 3 tablespoons in water to help stop the runny tummy. It has a binding effect.

Grated apples with toast: this will help to restore the normal functionality of the stomach.
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Thanks guys, he seems okay this morning...so far...:thumbs: will print your remedies out Amen...thanks for that....Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Ameniatha
Cubby, you can try any of these homeopathic remedies:

Potato flour: Dissolve 3 tablespoons in water to help stop the runny tummy. It has a binding effect.

Cubbie, this has just reminded me when we were small my mom use to mix cornflour and water for runny tummies, as Amen said has a binding effect.
Rooibostee and Ginger biscuits.

Trust me it works.
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tummy bug... Icecub 2 4,568 16-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Icecub