Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vark ore / aram lilies.
ok, i think they are the most stunning flowers that ever grew. my b/f gave me a plant last year (and amazingly enough, i have not managed to kill it). so, i would love to re-pot it, as the pot it came in is a bit small. does anybody know when it would be right to
re-pot?
Hi Sterrejtie

You can pretty much re-pot at anytime, though winter is often best with plants that become dormant over the winter.

The main thing is potting in to the right kind of soil . Make sure it is rich in humus and keep it well watered while becoming established in the new pot.

In the right conditions Arum lilies can make 90cm high by 60 cm wide so you could end up potting for a while!
thanx. then i guess i am getting a bigger pot and doing some potting around Smile this weekend. yup, the plant is quite big at the moment and i cannot wait for the first flowerd to appear.
Would they not benefit from a more acidic soil mix seeing as they grow naturally in boggy areas?
I had yellow ones last year.......they died
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
Quote:Originally posted by birdie
I had yellow ones last year.......they died

The yellow ones flourish in sunlight, the white ones seem to prefer shade.
My father in law gave me a few bulbs of the yellow variety some years ago, they thrived in the sun and need frequent watering and lots of compost. I left the bulbs in the soil and like the daffodils, they just produced massed of yellow flowers each year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lilies have bloomed.. Icecub 4 2,969 07-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Icecub