Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 22's Fact or Fiction
Jangar Wrote::thumbs: to those that said fiction Smile however....

Although lithium is in indeed the lightest metal, it is not strong enough for the rugged stresses on flying objects. It's a leading component of battery anode material and of special glasses and ceramics. The glass for the 200-inch Mount Palomar telescope in San Diego contains lithium. Titanium gets the nod from atmospheric vehicles. It is 45% lighter than steel but just as strong, and 60% heavier than aluminium but twice as strong.

Yogurt was developed before the days of the refigerator as a way to preserve the benefits of milk.

Lithium by itself is not strong enough but is used in aircraft parts such as leading and trailing edges, access covers, seat tracks and wing skins.
It is also used in aircraft fuels and batteries.

When alloyed with aluminium, copper, manganese, and cadmium lithium makes high perfomance alloys for aircraft. It is also used in certain types of military aircrafts parts like main wing box, center fuselage and control surfaces and are used as substitute for conventional Aluminum alloys in helicopters, rockets and satellite systems.

Lithium stearate is mixed with oils to make all-purpose and high-temperature lubricants. Would this not be used in aircraft?

Lithium bromide is used in the air conditioning.

We know that lithium is used to manufacture missiles.

But back to the question on yogurt. Fiction - it was probably developed quite by accident.
:thumbs: Penelope but as majority rules I get to do a :cheer:

It is thought that yogurt was invented and used before recorded history. An unrefrigerated cultured yogurt can be eaten safely for several days, and the bacteria promote good intestinal health. Genghis Khan's army ate yogurt as a staple of its diet. In modern times yogurt is refrigerated to keep it safe for weeks at a time.

French champagne is made from two varieties of red grapes and the white Chardonnay grape.
That must be fiction
Then I say fact
:thumbs: Penelope Smile

Pinot meunier and pinot noir are pressed into service in making fine champagne. The Instituit National des Apellations d'Origine issues 35 rules to uphold the quality of Champagne wines. Some of the rules are: Only three grape varieties are permitted; yields in both the vineyard and during pressing are limited; the pruning of vines - their height, spacing, and density - are controlled; harvest by hand and minimum aging periods are required.

Jack Paar created the television talk show format and said, "Hosting a talk show is the easiest job anybody ever had".
I guess fact
I'm starting to think it might be in my best interests to go with penelope in all her answers... :cheeky:
Fiction. That's a Steve Allen quote.
dudette Wrote:I'm starting to think it might be in my best interests to go with penelope in all her answers... :cheeky:
Ï don't want the blame if we're wrong :noway:
Sorry Dudette, it's majority rules so I get to :cheer: for the second time today Big Grin

Well done Toktokkie :thumbs:

It was Steve Allen who created the first TV talk show and thought it was so easy. The NBC Tonight Show debuted in 1954 with Allen as host. The show included man-on-the-stree- interviews, mostly ad lib chatter, questions from the audience, guest and audience interviews, and piano music and songs (many written by Allen). The show was an instant hit and went on to become the longest running entertainment series in television history.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Week 40's Scrabble Jangar 10 10,288 08-10-2007, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Jangar
  Week 32's Trivial Pursuit Jangar 16 8,467 14-08-2006, 04:01 AM
  Week 31's Trivial Pursuit Jangar 16 7,854 07-08-2006, 03:58 AM
  Week 30's Trivial Pursuit Jangar 17 8,685 30-07-2006, 09:43 PM
  Week 29's Trivial Pursuit Jangar 18 8,762 23-07-2006, 09:10 PM