Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weight Watchers Question
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Most weight watchers instructors will suggest that you only convert excercise into bonus food points if you are really hungry (obviously depending on how much excercise you are doing ). You will see quicker results if you don't undo the good of burning calories by excercise by replacing them imidiately with food Smile

Really hungry or really thirsty??? :haha:

I have to find a way to replace beer..... Beer is so expensive on WW.. need a "cheaper" alternative... any ideas?
Wine Wink - I think it is only a point a glass.
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Wine Wink - I think it is only a point a glass.

My glass can fit a whole bottle of wine... bonus Big Grin
Good luck Strawbs.......I have been with WW for ages....just to keep the weight off that I lost with Weigh Less in sa (28kgs)

I find their healthy eating plan really works for me.....and I love their cookery books, have got turkey,leek and ham pie tonight with stacks of veggies!!!!

I drink vodka and diet coke when I go out!

Also drink as much water as you can, till your eyeballs start swimming Rolleyes

Good luck, keep us all posted on your progress
Quote:Originally posted by Cee
hey, good luck poppie ***
:thumbs:

i did the WW-Calories recently and lost 12kgs! (over 4.5 months) - but i took the lazy route -
I ATE THE SAME THING EVERY DAY (defaulted days 1 thru 7 to all read the "day 1") TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY!!!!

:o
very boooooring - but it worked!

C
x

WOW, well done!

Im also taking it the slow, lazy, easy route! I might die of old age first tho! :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Strawbs

I have to find a way to replace beer..... Beer is so expensive on WW.. need a "cheaper" alternative... any ideas?

Adams Ale. It's free and on tap! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Adams Ale. It's free and on tap! Big Grin

Is that the same as a Sky Cocktail??? :jester:
Hi Strawbs,

What Pam m and Jemlet say is very true about eating more to lose(more of the right food ) it is basically to kick start your metabolism.

Try your best to persevere...

I joined WW nearly 2years ago...
When I went for my first weigh-in I could not believe how much weight I had put on.... , I had put on 4 stones ..... yikes.................I nearly fell off the scales big time.
Anyway, I too found that one had .... so much food..on WW.. I had to force myself to be able to eat the amount of points I was on.
I was determined to make it work and stuck to it tooth and nail.
It took me just over 9 months to lose the 4 stone and in those nine months at every weigh in , I never put on or even stayed the same, I consistantly lost on average 1-2kgs a week, sometimes maybe less and yes, the slower u lose the longer it will stay off.... Most of my friends lost 6kgs in the first week and consistantly lost about 3kgs every week.... In 2 months of stopping they put it all on , also because they did not stick to WW..... I reached my goal November/December 2002 and to this day I have not put on and remain the same weight..... I eat my 3 main meals a day...
especially b/fast(never used to eat b/fast b4) and have my
2 healthy treats/snacks like rice cakes with a bit of houmous etc in between.
I still have my glass of boiled water with lemon in every morning
b4 b/fast and then drink about 8 glasses of water a day too.
And yes....... I eat loads and loads of fruit and veg. and yes I do exercise quite a bit too.
Yes, u can save points or earn bonus points for when u want to go out..... I found it worked out well for me had no problem at all.
When I went out I would have 1 glass of wine plus a bottle of mineral water...(sparkling) and just kept alternating between the 2 for the whole evening and that seemed to work for me.

Anyway Strawbs...... vasbyt..and... persevere

Cheers
Petunia/Carry
Well with all my "saved points" that I had from this week, I treated myself to a wee drinking session and a serious party with my friend Bandit! However, as I have my first weigh in tonight!! :eek: I have stuffed my face with water, lettuce leaves and tomatoes (with no dressing :bigcry: ) and I am now on starvation til 6.20pm tonight! Must remember to take my watch, jewellery and all that off before I stand on the dreaded scale!

Sigh!
Quote:Originally posted by Strawbs
Well with all my "saved points" that I had from this week, I treated myself to a wee drinking session and a serious party with my friend Bandit! However, as I have my first weigh in tonight!! :eek: I have stuffed my face with water, lettuce leaves and tomatoes (with no dressing :bigcry: ) and I am now on starvation til 6.20pm tonight! Must remember to take my watch, jewellery and all that off before I stand on the dreaded scale!

Sigh!

Good luck...I hope your hard work pays off.
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The reason for weight gain dudette 12 7,359 13-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Dolla
  So you want to lose weight guarenteed? mcamp999 0 3,576 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: