Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do ....
Thanks for all the good advice and good wishes!

Well I plucked up the courage yesterday and went and had a chat to the ICT co-ordinator about the situation. Firstly he did not realise I was getting the same pay as the Ta's and he thought that I should be on a lot more! He also said my job title should change as he admitted he knew nothing about networks so therefore I should be Network Manager. He wanted to know what I wanted him to do so I said to have a word with the Head! Beter coming from him them me! In the meantime I have given him a copy of my contract so as it stands at the moment I will sit tight!

I don't expect anything to happen for at least a week as next week is the year 6 SATS tests and he is Head of Year 6 so he will be concentrating on that rather than me which I can fully understand.

I will keep you all posted!

Thanks for the offer Mel I will probably still take you up on it!
[Image: qubranch_sig.gif]
Very pleased to read that you have taken a very positive move - at least you have now brought it out into the 'open' and this must be a great relief to you. Regarding sending your CV around, if you do do so, please let your own boss know what you are doing - if it were to get back to him "through the grape vine" what you had done without letting him know, could cause you a few more problems.
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.
lols Wrote:Thanks for all the good advice and good wishes!

Well I plucked up the courage yesterday and went and had a chat to the ICT co-ordinator about the situation. Firstly he did not realise I was getting the same pay as the Ta's and he thought that I should be on a lot more! He also said my job title should change as he admitted he knew nothing about networks so therefore I should be Network Manager. He wanted to know what I wanted him to do so I said to have a word with the Head! Beter coming from him them me! In the meantime I have given him a copy of my contract so as it stands at the moment I will sit tight!

I don't expect anything to happen for at least a week as next week is the year 6 SATS tests and he is Head of Year 6 so he will be concentrating on that rather than me which I can fully understand.

I will keep you all posted!

Thanks for the offer Mel I will probably still take you up on it!

Glad you spoke up lols!May it all work out well.
Well done for being brave & standing up for yourself, lols. :thumbs:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Well done you! Hope you get the position of Manager. So many times we are so complacent about things and don't push ourselves - see what happens when we do?
Once again thanks for the advice. Well as it stands there have been a couple of jobs within local schools, but nothing that I could feel I go for! The fact that there are jobs out there is a good thing because for a long term there has been nothing happening.

We are in the process of preparing for a BRAND new ICT suite which I am really excited about. Needless to say I am not going to just hang around because of that factor I have seven weeks before the end of the school year and I am hoping that something will come up between then and now.

Hugs to all of you for your constant support :hug:
[Image: qubranch_sig.gif]
very briefly, a good buddy of mine was in his job for 10 years and had no reason to leave...a couple of us suggested that he send his CV out and just see what comes back, subsequently he has left his old job and is now with the competition earning a whole whack more and says that everything so far is better than where he was! Who knows, maybe you find something better and your current boss counteroffers...either way you win!! :mmm: