Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working Mums
My problem is that with my lack of qualifications, what I would earn fulltime would probably be mostly eaten up by paying for after school care for my kids. I am just grateful they are in school, and that I do not have to fork out for nursery - they are horrific - almost the same as private school tuition...
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
#

i note that some parents do the necessary math to see whether it is worth working
that seems the option in many cases, from what i see on the boards

In Cape Town when times got really tough, I suggested to my husband that I go out and work. In my line of work the salary wouldn't have been so fantastic and once we did all the maths, what with childcare, transport, and all the other costs that go with going out to work, clothes, make up blah blah, it just wasn't worth it....plus the lifestyle changes for that little bit of extra money, getting kids to daycare at some ung.o.dly hour, getting home what time at night and then still all the family responsibilities....just not worth it.

In the UK thankfully we haven't been in that predicament and if I wanted to go back to work it would definitely not be motivated by the financial side of it, purely for my own mental, social stimulation and it definitely won't effect my family life.....well thats the plan anyway.
Quote:Originally posted by elrsa

I just wish that all that money we pump into NI could go more towards mother's who wish to care for their own children. Sad

Hey what about us single Dad's, who have to write insane books, and work full time and try to get to grips with their son's language so that we can communicate - gee I want my rights boo hoo (just joking)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Working While On Maternity Leave Bean of Love 3 4,096 22-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Venus
  For all the mums oe-la-la 3 4,321 23-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Last Post: oe-la-la