Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lads weekend in copenhagen
myself and a couple of pals (the duck will remember them from suomi) are off to copenhagen for a lads weekend mid november, has anybody got any ideas of good bars, restaurants etc....................also if theres anything cultural but not too touristy
may you all lead interesting lives, also, may you fall in love with africa
There is lots to do in the city I have just returned from a short trip and ok I did a fair amount of touristy things ...! But as far as places to have a drink/dinner, I recommend the Nyhavn area with all the bars and restaurants. There is the Carlsberg Visitors Centre, which dates back to 1847, and you can have a guided tour around the brewery and then have tasters afterwards.

I am not too sure if it will be still available in Nov, but one can take a boat trip around the harbour and canals. PM me if you would like any of the websites, and of course there is also the erotic museum too ! - quite interesting.
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
baie dankie vir jou moeite!!!!!!!!!!!
Sadly I don't know Copenhagen that well Sad

Sounds as if Nikkinaz knows more about it than I do... Blush

You could also try asking Hagar as he visited it not too long ago...
thanks, basically its for three pals and myself who are slowly touring scandinavia over the years, and this time its copenhagen.........we have good cultural daytimes and then in the evening we like a good meal and followed by lots of the local brew........all the books i have seem to be too 'touristy'.
http://www.visitdenmark.com/portal/ViewT...2dbf9d2b17

See the tourist site...great for info !

Also one more thing I recommend going for a day to Malmo as it is only about 30 mins or so by train and you will be in Sweden..!
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
nikkinaz, you are a star.............i love scandinavia so much, just wish i could afford to live there.............after denmark we only have norway to do, but have been told its a bit of a sombre place so we've left it for last
Quote:Originally posted by mpumalanga
nikkinaz, you are a star.............i love scandinavia so much, just wish i could afford to live there.............after denmark we only have norway to do, but have been told its a bit of a sombre place so we've left it for last

Go to Norway in the Spring or summer time. Winter time is magic too if you want to see all those frozen lakes.

Enjoy your time in Denmark!

:daisy:
im sure norway is actually quite nice, we were told the same 'dreadful' things about helsinki, but when we got there we absolutely loved it..........my pals dont seem to appreciate the ice and snow as much as me, but being from africa i found it great..........we were in iceland a couple of years ago, and they said the sight of me running around the snow like a madman made their holiday........it was great, we were on the largest glacier outside of the arctic circle, and it was just huuuuuuuuge..........i know when you are in the desert and everything seems so far away, this was a same sort of feeling
Quote:Originally posted by mpumalanga

I have a friend who visited it last week. They came back earlier due to very bad and rainy weather.

Like N said, better visit it in warmer times Wink