Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what pets did you have to leave at home in SA
my mum recently just brought a puppy about two weeks ago.. It is really sweet. She is a 3 month old cocker spanial puppy stiill got her tail too. We saw the mum and dad and they were brilliant dogs so we got one of their pupps.... we also have a new foundland X Labrador at home too...... I cant believe that i had to leave them both at home. What animals did you guys have to leave at home and how hearty broken were you
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Big Grin
By the time I left, the only animals on the property that were mine per se were the leopard tortoises. We had nearly 40 at that stage already due to a few very good hatchings we had had. About a year after I left my parents had to give them all over to another licenced breeder as my father was too ill to continue with them. They did keep the one old female though as we have always given her extra care (has a fairly permanent respiratory illness) and we felt she would not be given the correct attention if moved.
oh shame bout giving them to another breeder but i supposed it was for the best hey..... I have to say when i have my own house in Cape Town and the garden is big enough I want to have a couple of dogs at least.....
I left 2 dogs and 2 cats at home with my parents when we left. All very very elderly and the 2 cats both died of old age within a year of my departure, the 2 dogs a few years later. That was the only home they'd ever known and they were loved and cared for to the end.
that is good that they were there then hey. At home where they knew....
my brother had the ardeous task of putting my cats down before he came over but they were loved as well. King Arthur made it over here but quarantine did not agree with him and I eventually had to say good bye to him. I certainly would not venture bringing animals over the time they spend away from you in quarantine is very distressing for them and not really fair.
eisher than eish!!!!!
I know. I would have tried to bring my dog as he is so chilled out and layed back that it would not have bothered him.... but he is justy a bit tooo old...
I had to leave my 2 doggies at home in '98 when I first came over... it was pretty sad because I was fairly certain that I would not see them many times again, because they were both quite old.

One of them, Socks, a mongrel unfortunately died in 1999 at the ripe old age of 18 years.

The other, Suz(y), a Shi-tzu died last year at the tender age of 14 years...

In a way, I am kinda glad that it happened while I was over here, because I didn't have to see them suffer. My folks on the other hand experienced it all and were heartbroken.
that is so sad. Where do you think the animals go when they pass on??
Quote:Originally posted by chickie
that is so sad. Where do you think the animals go when they pass on??

A great big kennel in the sky, with unlimited dog biscuits and lots of chewy toys... I reckon...

Well, not if they're a cat I suppose...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You Have Any Pets? Venus 16 6,935 03-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Last Post: penelope
  What Pets Have You Had. Bushbaby 5 3,341 18-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Last Post: sue w