Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is the best restaurant in CT?
honeymoon starts may 15 in CT and we would love to know where the best restaurant is for us to celebrate in SA
may you all lead interesting lives, also, may you fall in love with africa
What sort of food are you loking for, also, what is important? Ambience/wine cellar/area?

Need more before recommending!!
mpumalanga Wrote:honeymoon starts may 15 in CT and we would love to know where the best restaurant is for us to celebrate in SA

On a personal note I'd make a whole day of it.

Start off with breakfast at Bosmans at the Grande Roche hotel in Paarl. (book a table overlooking the rose garden).

Have lunch at Le Petite Ferme in Franschhoek (don't forget to buy some of their Estate Wine)

and finish off with dinner at La Colombe in Constantia. (don't forget to buy their cookbook).

End off the evening with Gueridon service Irish Coffees at On the Rocks Bar in the Ambassador Hotel. (Book a window table - a must!)

BTW La Colombe was voted recently as one of the top 50 restaurants in the world. Check out the Food Matters forum :thumbs:

Have great fun enjoying the food
Congratulations..... may you have a wonderful day and a wonderful honeymoon.

:wedding:
thanks guys......well, we like a bit of the best usually but for this i really want to show the lady the gastronomic delights of the cape.......cheffie, your comments are well noted and an update will be given early june
mpumalanga Wrote:well, we like a bit of the best usually but for this i really want to show the lady the gastronomic delights of the cape.......

Whereabouts are you staying down there?

Has your lady ever been there before?

How long are you down there for?

Are you aware there is the Cape Gourmet Festival on around the same time. They normally start towards the 20th of May for approx a week.

What are your favourite foods?
http://www.spier.co.za/moyo.asp
Hagar the Lovable (and to some the Horrible) Wink
yep, i knew it was the cape gourmet fest, lucky us hey!
we love just about everything (she hates cucumber thought), seafood, pasta, french-style etc
i have heard tha the black marlin is quite good (?)
mpumalanga Wrote:seafood, pasta, french-style etc
i have heard tha the black marlin is quite good (?)

for Seafood - give Panama Jacks a try (in the non-commercial side of the Waterfront. Quentin is an old friend and very good food)

French style - La Colombe. No question!
alternatively try the Blue Danube (Austrian) - Chef Thomas Sinn is great

Have heard very few bad reports about the Black Marlin over the years, but never eaten there myself.

Camps Bay has had a revamp recently on it's beachfront and there are supposed to be some great restaurants there too.

Not too sure if the Codfather is still there.

The Fish Market in the Waterfront is also supposed to be quite good.

Try the Mount Nelson for High Tea as well.

I see in the gourmet festival there are a few celeb chefs going down there. In years past they used to have a grand finale 'gourmet dinner' with each chef cooking a different course. Not too sure if thats happening this year but check out http://www.gourmetsa.com/index.html
Cheffie Wrote:for Seafood - give Panama Jacks a try (in the non-commercial side of the Waterfront. Quentin is an old friend and very good food)

French style - La Colombe. No question!
alternatively try the Blue Danube (Austrian) - Chef Thomas Sinn is great

Have heard very few bad reports about the Black Marlin over the years, but never eaten there myself.

Camps Bay has had a revamp recently on it's beachfront and there are supposed to be some great restaurants there too.

Not too sure if the Codfather is still there.

The Fish Market in the Waterfront is also supposed to be quite good.

Try the Mount Nelson for High Tea as well.

I see in the gourmet festival there are a few celeb chefs going down there. In years past they used to have a grand finale 'gourmet dinner' with each chef cooking a different course. Not too sure if thats happening this year but check out http://www.gourmetsa.com/index.html

Confusedad: Cheffie you are making me SO lus for some good seafood - boy do I miss it! :bigcry: