Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is the best restaurant in CT?
Having eaten at the Waterfront Fishmarket about 5 times on my visit last year, I can recommend them as excellent. Try line fish of the day. Makes my mouth water to think of it.

I even enjoyed spur steaks. Smile
yum yummmmm
i found a real stunner of a place - called The Mount in durbanville - the chef/ owner used to work at the Mount Nelson
stunning and lovely location too

ahhh im sooo jealous
i still love Mortons at the waterfront

la perle in seapoint
There is a steakhouse in Onrus (a bit out of town I know) called B's, gets awards annually and serves superb steaks. Their wine list is also fantastic, and you have to book well in advance even out of season.
Avanti in Main Rd, Sea Point. A little bit of everything, but then I can go on and on. Calamari at the Hout Bay Hotel......
alwayssmilin Wrote:Calamari at the Hout Bay Hotel......

I sincerely hope you mean the Hout Bay hotel and not the Chappies one Smile

John.. as linefish is a Saffer generic term for line-caught-fish.. which one are you speaking about?

Tracy... they have some brilliant seafood available here - you have to know what you're looking for and where to buy it. As an idea, find the top seafood restaurant close to you. Go eat a meal there, buy the chef a glass of wine and then ask to see him at your table. When he's there, then find out who his suppliers are and take it from there.

Jewels.. you from the northern suburbs... doll?
Big Grin

Mpumalanga.. you have yet to answer where you are staying. This would enable us to narrow down your possibilities.
sorry cheffie!
we have hired an apartment in Gardens for our stay, its on Vriendestraat, do you know where that is exactly?
may you all lead interesting lives, also, may you fall in love with africa
Cheffie Wrote:I sincerely hope you mean the Hout Bay hotel and not the Chappies one Smile

John.. as linefish is a Saffer generic term for line-caught-fish.. which one are you speaking about?

I think Geelbek, Steenbras, Cod are all good.
Don't ask me to subcategorize, my poor knowledge will let me down. Smile
John01 Wrote:Don't ask me to subcategorize, my poor knowledge will let me down. Smile

You can always spin a fish tale Smile The :chef: won't even notice it .... and mpumalanga will be on honeymoon, so neither would he :p

:jive:
mpumalanga Wrote:sorry cheffie!
we have hired an apartment in Gardens for our stay, its on Vriendestraat, do you know where that is exactly?

Hi Mpumalanga

Gardens is pretty central to going all over Cape Town.

Not too sure of the exact location.. but as it's the Gardens area, keep your wits about you when walking around Smile
As you're relatively close to the Mount Nelson - High Tea is an option.

You're about 25min from the Ambassador Hotel in Bantry Bay for Irish Coffees.

You're approx 35 min from La Colombe in Constantia and around 45 min from The Grande Roche in Paarl.

John,

The Line-fish you described is what I was looking for. A lot of people come to me in the restaurant and sayWe had the most wonderful linefish in Cape Town ... when I ask them which one, simply put they reply: it was white fish :wall:

Great!

blom... what are you doing straying into this thread Rolleyes
Big Grin
Cheffie Wrote:blom... what are you doing straying into this thread Rolleyes
Big Grin

The smell of the fish was a bit strong... had to come and see what is cooking here...:duh:

Big Grin