Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is the best restaurant in CT?
Pronkertjie Wrote:Ai jai jai..... I demand a public apology!!!!!
Why? Aren't you proud of your roots? :wings: :crylol: :innocent: :innocent:

Enjoy Cape Town Mpumulanga, and if you do the wine route, then don't do the touristy wine route, there are better ones, as Cheffie intimates, we don't let all our secret places be known to everyone Wink
By far the best restaurant in Cape Town is Haiku. This relatively new restaurant just serves the best Asian foods. I'm not a big fan of Asian food, but was blown away but the quality of food, serve and excellent wine list. The different flavours were incredible! It's not cheap, but worth every sent!

You need to book in advance. It's fun to go as a large group (8-10) to taste a large variety of foods!

See the latest EatOut for more details.
ive heard about haiku, but the lady is not really into asian food and a group of us wouldnt be too romantic for our honeymoon.........but yes, i read a review of it on news24 last week.....very popular
may you all lead interesting lives, also, may you fall in love with africa
If you have a few thou to spend (but it is worth every cent) I highly reccomend Sante Health Spa for a night or two of relaxing / pampering and all ... absolutely fantatstic.

We paid R1 200 per night - food is expensive (for SA) at R60 for entre and R110 for main dish (which compares to UK places) but then again it is a (real) 5 star paradise.

Enjoy SA (as I do now) - it is a wonderful place.

Congrats as well

FB

http://www.santewellness.co.za/
Howzit Mpumalanga

Where'd you eventually go and eat?
hi everyone
well, what a great time we had, even if the weather was poo!
the cape food and drink fest was great and my new wife got a pic with brian turner....
we ate at so many of the places mentioned and some which werent.
worst meal was at spier, twas a lovely wine farm wlith cheetah sactuary and rooms out of this world , but my evening meal was poor: i had to send my lamb back as it was overdone, a fresh one returned was yummy but my veg hadnt been replaced or even microd.........so cold veg and she was finished her mains already......lovely creme brulee though......breakfast was ice cold, and i wasnt the only one moaning.........all this at a cool R1650 per night!
best meal was at SOSATI in stellenbosch..........everything from the ambience to the food to alles was outstanding!!!!!!
mrs mpumalanga voted her fillet at spur the finest shes ever had.
my angelfish at ricks cafe was blerrie excellent.
we also ate at bosmans (very good) and at mariners wharf (crap uniform, decent food)..........we didnt get time for high tea at the nellie, and we were almost next door, mrs mpumalanga loved her chicken pie from the engen garage on orange street............worst experience of all was the irish bar on long street, dreadful food, warm beer and the landlady there needs to go on a course of friendliness........never again.
gourmet burger was so-so (GOOD granadilla juice), the hildebrandt on the v and a was hopeless.........20 staff and 15 diners! ludicrous
the ferrymans was also pretty decent for 'pub grub'
worst drinking experience was HEMISPHERE on top of the absa building........it calls itself classy but theres more class in a tin of cremora.
Nice one Mpumalanga :thumbs:

Thanks for the feedback and the comments.

Did you manage to have Irish Coffees at 'On the Rocks' in Bantry Bay?

What did you have at Bosman's?

Note to Almitra:
Has your man booked a table at La Colombe yet? Wink
kudu carpaccio to start and ostrich with figs for main at bosmans for me and i cant remember what the lady had, same starter but i think seafood for main.
and before i forget, groot constatia was also dreadful, the place was lovely and the wine but the service was like something out of the dark ages.......3 tannies just skinnering the whole time at the wine tasting bit and just ignoring us and the other tourist who were there.......never again.
best wine tasting was at riebeek-kasteel, what a pleasure to go there, much reccommended.
so glad to see she enjoyed the Spur
I was going to say there is one in the Gardens Centre just around the corner from Vriende straat - but with all these cordon bleu ppl and their sophisticated recommendations I held my tongue.
As soon as I arrive in SA I head straight for a Spur and a hunger busta monkey gland burger followed by log cabin waffle and ice cream....drool.... Smile