South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Have You Played With A Penguin Today? AKA The Linux Help Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jangar Wrote:When you get the cd won't you please make a copy for me as we don't get the mag over here Sad
Hi Jangar

If you don't have any luck getting hold of a copy then let me know. I have a copy of SuSe 9.2 live demo CD and also the Mandrake Move as well. I can probably burn you a copy and send it to you, if you donÂ’t have any luck getting hold of one.

At the moment I'm a Mandrake man myself having tried earlier versions of SuSe and Red Hat. They both sucked so I switched to Mandrake 10. Unfortunately, I still havenÂ’t managed to get my 2nd Disk Drive installed yet, it has my Linux system on it. We have run into a few technical problems with the "box" of my new PC. At the moment I have it connected to my PC via a USB to IDE adaptor but unfortunately this wonÂ’t allow me to boot from it. So whenever I get withdrawal symptoms I run the Mandrake Move from CD to have a little play. I havenÂ’t had time to try the SuSe 9.2 live demo yet, but will do soon.

Good luck

Regards

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:

picanin

Jangar here you can download the ISO for Mandrake Move and then burn it to CD.
picanin Wrote:Jangar here you can download the ISO for Mandrake Move and then burn it to CD.

Thanx for the link Pica. Smile Will try to download it when I go to work later today.

HH - if I don't have any luck downloading it I'll PM you Smile Thanx :thumbs:
picanin Wrote:Hampshire Hog thanks for that! The SuSe live demo CD is also an extremely good taster for anyone wanting to try Linux out. Since it is so easily available at the moment I would suggest anyone wanting to test the waters should go buy a copy of PC Extreme NOW! :p
Some more info on getting started can also be found at the following link - see below

http://www.globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/show...php?t=6762

Regards

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:
Pages: 1 2 3