South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Week 24's Fact or Fiction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The consumption of wild animals was banned in several Chinese provinces in the 1980s.
Guess fact
ditto sooibrand
I agree with Sooi and Penelope, but to even the odds I shall put fiction Smile
Sorry Dudette, you were out numbered so I get to do a :cheer: Big Grin

Several provinces imposed a ban in 2003, after a global SARS outbreak was linked to the consumption of wild animals that are a delicacy in China. Guangdong, located in southern China, is believed to be the origin of the epidemic.

Vexillogy is the study of potions.
fiction it's study of flags
penelope Wrote:fiction it's study of flags

:thumbs:

The name comes from the Latin word vexillum, referring to the Roman style of flag, which hangs out horizontally from a flagpole. Vexillologists not only study flags but seek to explain how flags play an important role in history and in modern life.

Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
I guess fact
penelope Wrote:I guess fact

No I think that is fiction. Butyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth, if my memory serves me correctly.
penelope Wrote:I guess fact

:thumbs:

The term arachibutyrophobia stem from the New Latin word Arachis, a genus of plants that includes the peanut. There are hundreds of random phobias, such as the fear of the colour white (leukophobia), dust (koniophobia) and beautiful women (venustraphobia), that often can be treated with behaviour threapy.

In South Africa, termites are eaten as a snack food.
Pages: 1 2 3 4