South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: inherited parenting practices & old wives tales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Piglet

Quote:Originally posted by sue w
.................... I once heard / read somewhere that Rooibos has the equivalent of all the nutrients found in formula and that babies could survive on it for a certain length of time ( I suppose in cases of gastro etc) has anyone else heard this.....?

Sorry sue for the delayed response . I must have missed your posting some how. Yes Rooibos is very rich in certain nutrients calcium and floride is but a few which is essential for healthy growth of bones and teeth. It is possible for babies to survive on it as long as the is either a tiny bit of sugar or honey to provide the energy component of the nutrients. See link for nutritional breakdown. Having said that. Milk is best for a tiny baby.

http://www.timeless-teas.com/4.htm

Dudette not to worry not fanciful at all

Piglet

Quote:Originally posted by sue w
Hmmmm yum, now ain't that a consolation....bring on those greens Wink But that is very true piglet, that is why depression sufferers should limit their chocolate intake :mad:
Try especially the plummiting effect is very difficult to cope with especially if one is already feeling fragile in mood.
Pages: 1 2 3