South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Need a hobby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need a hobby that is interesting and challenging but there is so much on offer I am suffering from information overload.

My lifestyle is such that I spend a large amount of my life at work or traveling to and from work. I also have to consider my childrens needs so I ideally have about 5 hours a week mostly on weekends when I can do something other than housework.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I enjoy most things but I no longer drink or smoke so anything where that is expected is a no no. I thought about ballroom dancing or wood carving - but so far I am really stuck!

I need to find a hobby soon as I am going out of my mind with the fact that my life is increadibly dull.

thanks for reading.
Have you had a lood at what your local colleges and schools offer in the way of evening classes......also the adult education for your area will probably offer some interesting causes

good luck......I know what its like when you are climbing the walls....I cant STAND being bored!!!
There are a couple of simple yet enjoyable things out there that you can do at home. Card making is one - there is challenge involved, as well as heaps of imagination. One I like is the copper foil pictures where you have to etch out a picture to a pattern - until you get the hang of it it is really challenging.

Gardening is another one, pottery, wood turning, wood carving and inlay, tie dying, etc.
Or maybe.. you can learn another language?
Thanks...

I went to an open evening the other night at the local college, I will be taking a course in Interior design when they next offer it which is only October!!!

I am not a big card person, but I suppose I could give it a try... I have been making origami cranes and using beadwork to turn them into mobiles for my nieces and nephews... but its no longer a challenge

Strawbs... I think English, Afrikaans, Japanese and a smattering of French are enough languages for me! hehehe

But who knows, I am thinking of doing something different, like plumbing or bricklaying! lol there is really just so much choice out there.

Tonight I could go to a class on Indian classical dance but I left home at 6:30am so I think tonght it will be me and the iron for a bit and early to bed!

Does anyone belong to a walking club? I am rather keen to give that a bash...
Quote:Originally posted by Spacegirl
Strawbs... I think English, Afrikaans, Japanese and a smattering of French are enough languages for me! hehehe

Does anyone belong to a walking club? I am rather keen to give that a bash...

If I lived closer, I would walk with you!

I forgot you spoke Kung Fu! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Strawbs
If I lived closer, I would walk with you!

I forgot you spoke Kung Fu! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Spacegirl

?
OMG - sorry - what I said was ditto.... so when you moving closer? lol
How about photography... and you can use your children as subjects, any camera will do, you will be amazed what stunning pictures you can caputre of people expecialy children

Sorry I know I am a photography nut but it's worth a mention, it tends to work around me and not I around it.
Pages: 1 2