South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Hello Bookwurms !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Heeelllooo Book Club,

Sooo what is everyone reading at the moment ?
I'm reading the biography of Sir Ranulph Fiennes and his book "Fit for Life".

He is an amazing person!!!
Exposure by Evelyn Anthony
I want to get started on "Swimming Pool Sunday" by Madeleine Wickham, but did not get to it YET, am busy finishing "Madame Proust and the Kosher Kitchen"
Kate Taylor - very interesting book.

(Synopsis ~The lives of three women intersect in this delicate and surprising novel about memory and loss, prejudice and unrequited love - not to mention literature and cooking as cures for heartbreak. Their stories criss-cross between Paris in the 1890s at the height of the Dreyfus affair, France in 1942, and present-day Canada. Marie Prevost is a contemporary Canadian who sets off for Paris to research Proust and escape a failed romance - finding instead Mme Proust's 'unpublished diary' in the archives. Sarah Bensimon is a young Parisian Jew whose parents spirit her out of occupied France, and who ends up in Toronto. Marrying into an orthodox family, she takes refuge in her kitchen, recreating a kosher version of classic French cuisine. The third woman is Madame Jeanne Proust herself, fragments of whose 'diaries' are recreated with impeccably researched detail - as she worries about Marcel, his late-night habits, his diet and his unsuitable friends. All these strands are bought poignantly together - the new world and the old, the Seine and the St Lawrence, mothers and sons, outsiders and insiders - in this intelligent and beautifully judged debut novel.)
Finished "Avenger" last night...Frederick Forsyth

Will still have to look for something new to start tonight.
Just finished P S I Love You by Cecelia Ahern which is one of Richard and Judy Summer Reads. Very good book indeed. Will be going to the library tomorrow to find some more books to take on holiday.

Dolla

I am reading Solo from Jill Mansell at the moment as well as Bill Clinton's biography. The latter is a biggy, so I think I am going to stuck with it for a while Big Grin

Icecub

Have not had time at all......but will be posting a new lot of books which should interest u....Smile
Mmmm. Have just finished the latest Den Koontz, and The Reading club....still struggling through Frankie and Stankie....

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Frankie and Stankie....

who are they?? give the details please...Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5