South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Bcc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is BCC? What does it stand for? I always want to try & learn more about computers so am interested to know.

I also use AVG & I find it so much faster than Norton Anti Virus.

BCc = blind carbon copy

If you send the same message to more than one person and you do not wish all the e-mail addies to be seen by others, you send it as a bcc

Hope my explanation helps.
Thank You very much Joan. I didn't know about BCC. I have saved the link so can refer to it in case I need to. So, if one is sending an e mail to a number of people, then this is the way to do it then???
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Thank You very much Joan. I didn't know about BCC. I have saved the link so can refer to it in case I need to. So, if one is sending an e mail to a number of people, then this is the way to do it then???

Yes....

Wink
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
The problem is that this may not be a normal trojan / spyware thingie. I ahve some very nice Windows surveilance software which AV and trojan hunters dont pick up. It could be something like that. GM if you dont find it I would suggest a format and reinstall. By the way, where in Swansea are you and do they ever allow you to come and visit the Big City? If so lemme know and we can meet up for a drink! Big Grin

PS Dont be like Tannie Joan and too scared to come sowf....... :p

I'm in sunny Birchgrove pic and next time I'm your way I'll drop you a line. A guy I used to work with works for ntl in Swansea in IT, Colin Howells.

Tannie Joan to get tickets for the Wales /SA game you have to first buy tickets for the Wales/Japan game!
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/cgi/asp_ev...liate=TMHL
Quote:Originally posted by Goldminer
I'm in sunny Birchgrove pic and next time I'm your way I'll drop you a line. A guy I used to work with works for ntl in Swansea in IT, Colin Howells.

Tannie Joan to get tickets for the Wales /SA game you have to first buy tickets for the Wales/Japan game!
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/cgi/asp_ev...liate=TMHL

Goldminer, I leave all of those facts to my husband to sort out!!!

Wink

Btw, how do you see to whom you have bcc'd... I only see a blank in my "sent" items?
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Goldminer, I leave all of those facts to my husband to sort out!!!

Wink

Btw, how do you see to whom you have bcc'd... I only see a blank in my "sent" items?

You cann't but when I opened the BCC box there was already an e-mail address in there so I don't know how long I've been sending copies to this person. Luckily I'm not having an affair or giving out my banking details via email. Mostly its organising fishing trips or talking rubbish or asking ebayers when I'm going to get my stuff!Big Grin
You cann't but when I opened the BCC box there was already an e-mail address in there so I don't know how long I've been sending copies to this person. Luckily I'm not having an affair or giving out my banking details via email. Mostly its organising fishing trips or talking rubbish or asking ebayers when I'm going to get my stuff!Big Grin

Okie dokie....I may believe you, but thousands won't

:rofl: :rofl:

picanin

Is that Birchgrove in Cardiff? If so I am actually not far from you as I live in Llanedeyrn.

picanin

**Unashamed Linux Plug** If you used Linux you wouldnt have nasties like these! Viva the Penguin! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3