South Africa Info Forums
Music and Memories - Printable Version

+- South Africa Info Forums (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Trivia and Music Zone (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Trivia-and-Music-Zone)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: Music and Memories (/Thread-Music-and-Memories)

Music and Memories - angelbabe - 20-02-2004

Music has this ability to just *carry you away* to a situation in your life. I can hear a song and immediately I am transported into the past to certain situations that I relate the song to.

Here is a challenge. List 10 songs that carry you back to situations in your life that the song reminds you of. I will think about mine, then post.

Music and Memories - Safferbeauty - 20-02-2004

there are a few songs but cant think of their names off the top of my head...... you have got me thinking now....

Music and Memories - Curio - 20-02-2004

Yes Angelbabe, songs do take us back in time &
I bet in the recent thread.... "top 100 list" there were many songs listed there that bring back some "fond memories" for all.

Music and Memories - picanin - 22-02-2004

Bonnie Rait - Nick Of Time. She wanted kids and I didnt. We divorced eventually. Every time I hear this song I think of her.

Carly Simon - Comin Around Again. I hear this and I remember another life where I thought that my life was perfect. Not knowing what was to come.

Roxette - Excited. I drove through the night from Zim to get home to my wife hoping that things had magically improved between us in my abscence. I can still remember her opening the door at 3:00am. It was cold outside but far colder inside the house.

Tot - Africa. Falling asleep to the beat of the stamp mills at a nearby goldmine. Sitting on the Umniati River miles from anywhere. Walking through the Matopos. Africa. Africa. Africa.

Louise Tucker - Midnight Blue. My dad loved the song and I will always think of it as a winter song. Playing when i would get in from school in the evenings as a kid.

Nina Cherry / Youssou N'Dour - Seven Seconds. I hear the song and the phone rings again. Chris telling me that Michael has had a stroke and they dont think he will make it. Mike never did and the song is something that will always remind me of a good mate gone.

The Heads - Damage I Have Done. All the sins I have committed - far too many to mention! Big Grin

Valiant Swart - Baneling. Siting on the stoep of my little house on the farm. Pitch dark night with only the night for company. Good music on and a pint glass of OBS to go with it. In the middle of Africa with a night only as dark as Africa makes them.

Springbok Nude Girls - Genie. Driving down the last mile or three of the N3 into Durban on a glorious Natal summers day. Car windows open. Radio on. Sweating like a pig. Palm trees on the esplanade. Man I love Durban! Big Grin

Nirvanna - Smells Like Teen Spirit. The music video that blew my mind. Nirvanna were the future! I can still remember being slightly disturbed by it but loving what I saw!

There ya go there are mine!

Music and Memories - Tara - 22-02-2004

Just heard Be My Woman by Whitetown on the radio. It carried me straight back to when I first returned to the UK. :bigcry: