Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 Nations match, 5th Feb in Basel, Switzerland
Hello there,

anyone want to meet up at Mr. Pickwicks in Basel to watch the Scotland/France match at 16:00 on 5th Feb? Perhaps some Afrikaans/English speaking blokes?

Here the link to the pub (if you don't already know where it is)
http://www.pickwick.ch/basel/map.html

Send a message or sien jou daar! :thumbs:
Bro is in Switzerland, just not sure which neck of the woods

Big Grin
I think he is in Zurich, but I know that they do organise get togethers regularly in Switzerland.
Are the Swiss getting sloppy , or awkward ,
or what ?
Not a single one ( of the hundreds of ) famous Belgian Beer/s???
Maar , Maak Nie Saak Nie , the Rugby should be Good , anyway!
Yeah, the pub is not too bad, lots of foreigners, some Swiss as well. Barman is from London (I think), no expansive list of Belgium beers though, only a few brands in a fridge below the counter... Blush

The rest of us drink Heineken or Carlsberg or some Swiss beer (for those with other taste buds!)
I heard Windhoek was much sought after
Yeah, you get all sorts of beer there, and if home is too far away, then a Windhoek does the trick! You can even find an Amstel, although you have to specify it to be SA and not the Dutch one...
...in which you order your Windhoek Lager ?
Ray Wrote:...in which you order your Windhoek Lager ?

Nei, chan i niet, aber verstoh scho!

So, I understand the Basler dialect and a few others, still have to answer in proper Hochdeutsch though! A few sentences and words of Schweizerdeutsch is all I can. Fluent in German though, which helps. But then both barmen are English, so it's not required to order a well-deserved beer...
Cheerz !Zum Wohl !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  African Cup of Nations 2006 TheDuck 0 6,066 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  African nations cup mcamp999 0 5,796 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  World Cup quarter-final match may have been fixed mcamp999 0 4,406 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: