Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins Diet
I was on the Atkins diet and as you all know lost nothing. BUT since going off the diet I cannot have anything sweet.
First I thought it was my imgaination but 2 weeks been off the diet I still cannot stand anything sweet. I had a coke on Friday and just could not drink it.
I drink a lot of water - I feel awful if I don't have my water.
That should be a good thing, isn't it? Smile Since I have started my diet (simply calorie counting) I have also found that I cannot tolerate half as much sweet things as in the past . ie I used to love an American Waffle, dripping in maple syrup and cream on top :cloud9: . I ordered one recently and felt distinctly Sick
I am hoping this will continue, and has made me realise that perhaps sometimes a sweet tooth is taught, and not something one is born with...
Ronnie Wrote:I was on the Atkins diet and as you all know lost nothing. BUT since going off the diet I cannot have anything sweet.
First I thought it was my imgaination but 2 weeks been off the diet I still cannot stand anything sweet. I had a coke on Friday and just could not drink it.
Ronnie, I agree with dudette, we acquire a taste for sweet things... do not be tempted to eat or drink sweet substances... they are full of "empty" calories!
Ronnie Wrote:I was on the Atkins diet and as you all know lost nothing. BUT since going off the diet I cannot have anything sweet.

i am surprised that you didnt lose anything whilst on atkins, the weight usually drops off you when you cut out all carbs. i dont do this any longer but i am wary of eating a pile high of mash potato at 9.30 pm !

i wish i could rid my sweet tooth - my total downfall Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atkins Diet whirlpool 42 18,386 18-05-2004, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Joan
  The Metabolic Typing Diet Bushbaby 0 3,323 19-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Bushbaby
  Atkins was Obese Toktokkie 27 13,605 12-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Last Post: spam
  Atkins diet Joan 62 24,933 28-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Flangalistic