Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins was Obese
Muscle spasms... limbs totally siezing up to the point where a person couldn't move for hours. <---saw that side effect in a magazine as well.

Another was hospitalised - for dehydration yet he had drunk so much water we had been teasing him that he was on the verge of drowning.

For one person it did work....but out of about 8 I wouldn't say those were fantastic odds.

<Maybe it's because I've never been on a diet or needed to be on one it's easy for me to say the following....but I do truly believe that with correct exercise and eating properly (little and often etc) instead of continous dieting.. now that would be the 'proper' way of doing it.

One of my office co-workers is FOREVER on diets... personally I think she looks great... albeit a little heavy on the hips but it suits her... since she started a little exercise and eating sensibly (not 10 hundred donuts etc) she has shed pounds. Not as quickly as diets shed them but she actually looks and feels better. Her skin has improved etc
In love there are two things - bodies and words.
I think all diets have elements in them that are good, our little family is on a permanent diet, called eating well, 5 meals a day with no snacking in between, no sweats except on a Friday night, drink water with each meal and no eating late at night.

Excerise well which includes swimming twice a day and gym once a day, I donÂ’t weigh the children at all just look at muscle tone, Eat lots of vegetables and fruit, meat twice a week, mostly fish that we eat.

I personally think that discipline is the key ingredient and a lock on the fridge – a time lock. Healthy mind, healthy spirit and healthy body
Never say never
So, no one is going to look at the picture? Would rather believe the lie because there is more scandal in that?

Modern tabloid journalism has won the battle!
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
So, no one is going to look at the picture? Would rather believe the lie because there is more scandal in that?

I looked at it BB.

And I agree about the modern tabloid journalism. But then again I suppose that's just me causing trouble again eh? :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Toktokkie
Incidently, Atkin's wife made a statement this morning admitting that her husband had artery blockage.

Which is often caused by...........................................

Eating too many fatty substances Wink

No surprises there then.
Quote:Originally posted by Zulu_Foxtrot
I think all diets have elements in them that are good, our little family is on a permanent diet, called eating well, 5 meals a day with no snacking in between, no sweats except on a Friday night, drink water with each meal and no eating late at night.

Excerise well which includes swimming twice a day and gym once a day, I donÂ’t weigh the children at all just look at muscle tone, Eat lots of vegetables and fruit, meat twice a week, mostly fish that we eat.

I personally think that discipline is the key ingredient and a lock on the fridge – a time lock. Healthy mind, healthy spirit and healthy body

And that is the only diet anyone should follow. Not a diet that virtually cuts out a necessary ingredient.
Quote:Originally posted by mcamp999
Which is often caused by...........................................

Eating too many fatty substances Wink

No surprises there then.

Exactly. A surprising thing did happen though. Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, had been to the Atkin's house and eaten with them. He stated that Atkin's was fat and when Veronica Atkins got to hear of it she was upset and went on TV last month demanding an apology from the mayor. I watched this interview. The television host went on to ask her about the condition of her husband's arteries where she claimed they were clean. Then yesterday she sents out a statement admitting that her husband had artery blockage.

Talk about lies and coverups. Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
I looked at it BB.

And I agree about the modern tabloid journalism. But then again I suppose that's just me causing trouble again eh? :haha:

Not a case of causing trouble, Tara, so much as you need to make up your mind what you want to believe. The picture in the link, or the one which caused you to say, "He looked more to me like an old geyser who was wearing clothes that are too big for him now that he has lost so much weight!"

Dr. Atkin's would not have to wear clothing that was too big for him. He dressed well and had enough money to replace suits that didn't fit. :cheeky:
Quote:Originally posted by Toktokkie
Not a case of causing trouble, Tara, so much as you need to make up your mind what you want to believe. The picture in the link, or the one which caused you to say,

"He looked more to me like an old geyser who was wearing clothes that are too big for him now that he has lost so much weight!" :haha:

You omitted the Laughing face Toks. That sort of kinda means that someone is saying things tongue in cheek? Yeah?

I have replaced it up there, so take a look at how different the paragraph looks with it, as opposed to without it.

Without it, it is an opinion, with it, it is a touch of humour.

Yeah?

OK.

Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby

Tabloid journalism because the media is having a field day with these medical records, yes. Fact is, they are medical results from tests done by medical doctors specialized in their field and these records give the cold hard facts, whether we like it or not.

Regarding that picture in the link. It was a cover picture in Time magazine and we all know that cover pictures are airbrushed and altered all the time. A sad fact of life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atkins Diet whirlpool 42 18,454 18-05-2004, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Joan
  Atkins diet Joan 62 25,095 28-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Flangalistic
  Atkins Diet Ronnie 0 3,706 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: