Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breast scan
I have been to my doctor last week because I have a constant pain in one of my breasts for the last 3 months and it is not going away. She didn't seem to be too worried but has send me for a scan on a 'fast track' anyway...next tuesday. Funny how things play in the back of your mind. I am only 29 .....so at least my age is in my favour. I have one lady at work that is currently undergoing chemo for breast cancer....I hope my scan is OK. Anyone out there that had a similar experience?
Quote:Originally posted by tau
I have been to my doctor last week because I have a constant pain in one of my breasts for the last 3 months and it is not going away. She didn't seem to be too worried but has send me for a scan on a 'fast track' anyway...next tuesday. Funny how things play in the back of your mind. I am only 29 .....so at least my age is in my favour. I have one lady at work that is currently undergoing chemo for breast cancer....I hope my scan is OK. Anyone out there that had a similar experience?

Tau, good luck......

i have had a mammogram some yrs ago because of some cysts found...but they were okay.....:thumbs: thinking of u...Smile
Hello Tau,

I had a scare a few weeks ago, found a lump in my breast and went for a mammogram as well as a scan they then did a biopsy and yesterday I got the news that it is all clear!! I am 38 and have a very strong history of cancer on both sides so I was terrified, I lost my sister who was only 40 2yrs ago so I was really scared then I thought, No I am going to be positive and look it was just a little cyst that had gone hard and will break up on it's own!! I believe in positive thinking and prayers so you will be in my prayers every day. Take care and if you need someone to talk to just pm me ok xx
Queen D
Hi Tau

Many moons ago I had a similar pain to the one you describe. It turned out to be a muscle spasm in the muscles between the ribs. I must've lifted something heavy ( like a 14 Kilogram child! Wink ) and pulled the muscle.

Good luck, far better to rule out anything more sinister....
Good luck Tau, I am sure all will turn out fine. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Thank you all for your words of encouragement.....I am thinking positive thoughts all the way. It is better to be sure than have any doubts. Will keep you updated on my results. The scan is Tuesday afternoon. Not long before I can sleep easy again. Thank you all again!!!! :wings:
Hi Tau

The baas, who is 27, went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago because of a lump and constant pain in one breast. Obviously she was scared and it had been playing on her mind for a while so did the sensible thing and got it checked out. It panned out it was hormone related and was being caused by the brand of contraceptive pill she was on. They changed the pill to a lower dose one and the problem went away in about a week.

Apparently these sort of hormone related problems are very common and is nothing to worry about, so I am sure you'll find that all is OK.

All the best
DaPom
It is also well documented that anything which falls into the serious category such as cancer, doesn't manifest itself with pain at the outset, which is why it is so important for both women and men to have regular checks and scans and to do self checks frequently.

Tau, all the best and let us know the result! Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
It is also well documented that anything which falls into the serious category such as cancer, doesn't manifest itself with pain at the outset, which is why it is so important for both women and men to have regular checks and scans and to do self checks frequently.

Tau, all the best and let us know the result! Smile
Agree with Tara...pain is not something to really worry about if one thinks about neoplasms in the early stages.

It is however vitally important for all of us to go for a general MOT once a year.
Quote:Originally posted by webtalk2003
Agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately our GP practice doesn't quite see the point. Drives me bananas.
The new GP contracts start on 1st of April..... find out what it holds in for you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breast Implants - The Risks Bushbaby 22 10,843 08-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Joan
  Housework cuts breast cancer risk Pronkertjie 0 3,861 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: