Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children!!
And the things they say!!!

I have just had to walk away before i collapsed into shocked giggles.

I'm allergic to cats and this is the reason why we don't have one in the house (also because I'm not a big fan of them...but mostly because they make me ill!).

So tonight, Connor comes to me and says

Him: "when you've gone away.... "

Me: "sweetie, I'm not going anywhere"

Him (hesitantly)"no when you've gone away.... like under the ground and to Heaven..."

Me: "Oh Connor.."

and I'm about to explain that I hope that's not something I'm thinking of doing and he mustn't worry when he says ....

Him: "can I then have a cat?" :eek: :haha:

so much for the little tyke missing me ever!!!

Not sure if I should be proud he's not fretting about me 'going away' or put out because he wants a cat!!!
In love there are two things - bodies and words.
and we still love them more by the day

Smile
Cali Wrote:And the things they say!!!

I have just had to walk away before i collapsed into shocked giggles.

I'm allergic to cats and this is the reason why we don't have one in the house (also because I'm not a big fan of them...but mostly because they make me ill!).

So tonight, Connor comes to me and says

Him: "when you've gone away.... "

Me: "sweetie, I'm not going anywhere"

Him (hesitantly)"no when you've gone away.... like under the ground and to Heaven..."

Me: "Oh Connor.."

and I'm about to explain that I hope that's not something I'm thinking of doing and he mustn't worry when he says ....

Him: "can I then have a cat?" :eek: :haha:

so much for the little tyke missing me ever!!!

Not sure if I should be proud he's not fretting about me 'going away' or put out because he wants a cat!!!

Mine have already told me what they want to inherit when I die...my youngest wants my coins and stamp collection and my daughter my Swarovski's. My son has told me that he's going to take me to a taxidermist when I die and then put me on the mantlepiece that we have by the fireplace :yikes: :haha:
penelope Wrote:Mine have already told me what they want to inherit when I die...my youngest wants my coins and stamp collection and my daughter my Swarovski's. My son has told me that he's going to take me to a taxidermist when I die and then put me on the mantlepiece that we have by the fireplace :yikes: :haha:

How funny.... you just need to tell him what your favourite outfit is.... Smile
My children and myself included are going to cremate my wife, throw her all over the lounge and ask her if she wants to clean up that bit of dust Smile (my wife is constantly on at them for making a mess)
Yippeee, at least I'm not alone!

Told my mom this morning and she is so happy the balance is shifting. Whenever my mom was on her deathbed via flu or a colon attack my dad and I used to joke about going for a Chinese as obviously we could't cook for ourselves.

But also what amazes me is the words he is picking up on... again last night I asked and asked and asked him to wash his hands before dinner (the one thing he is normally very 'ocd' on!) - eventually I said 'right, if you don't do it in 5 seconds, I'm switching off the telly for the evening' and then I had to go through with it. So I sighed and said 'Oh Connor why do I have to threaten you with a punishment before you'll do it?' Immediately he jumps on the word 'Threaten' and says 'EEEK you threaten me, you're not allowed to threaten me, that's bullying at school'. Now i know what I meant and he has just taking it so literally!!
In love there are two things - bodies and words.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 tips to surviving the holidays with children dudette 5 4,949 23-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gwasi
  Children & Emigration Venus 13 8,147 30-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ameniatha
  Children are so quick.... Pronkertjie 1 3,635 28-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Last Post: penelope
  The questions children ask TheDuck 16 8,069 14-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Venus
  What benefits am I entitled to in the UK with children mcamp999 3 7,405 28-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Helaina
  Teaching our children Afrikaans dudette 6 6,590 26-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Last Post: hantam
  Stereotypes and children Cali 8 5,529 04-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Cali
  Famous children's stories Curio 11 7,121 22-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Almitra
  Smacking children angelbabe 7 5,144 11-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Ameniatha
  Why God Created Children lols 4 3,651 09-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Last Post: dudette