Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chocolate studded Cape Malva Pudding: COMMENTS
sooibrand Wrote:what is the difference between plain and 00 flour?

bread and cake flour? (I'm SA based and that's just about it for baking finer things)

00 flour is an Italian flour which I use for a lot of things.

As you're still in SA, the original recipe used to use 'Cake Flour' - something we don't readily get here.

Have tried a variety of local flours - some have worked splendidly well and others haven't worked properly. Trial and error LOL..

when you use the chocolate - make sure it's 70% or higher Wink
Cheffie Wrote:when you use the chocolate - make sure it's 70% or higher Wink

I've put a whole square (blokkie) in, but next time I would cut it in half.

Give it a try Sooi.... make it for pudding tonight and let us know... Smile
Pronkertjie Wrote:I've put a whole square (blokkie) in, but next time I would cut it in half.

The best is to take your chocolate and break it into little pieces and then 'stud' it all over - gives a better mouth feel when you have a few morsels of liquid chocolate suddenly assault your tastebuds.. and it softens the sweetness of the traditional Cape Malva
Inga Wrote:That sounds so poetic. I can close my eyes & almost taste it...... :cheeky:

Try make it first.. when eating it you can then have poetry Rolleyes in motion :wall:

a word of advice. Only eat with your eyes closed when someone you trust is feeding you.. otherwise you'll become an abstract work of art
Big Grin
Cheffie Wrote:Try make it first.. when eating it you can then have poetry Rolleyes in motion :wall:

a word of advice. Only eat with your eyes closed when someone you trust is feeding you.. otherwise you'll become an abstract work of art
Big Grin

are you speaking from experience? :haha:
sooibrand Wrote:are you speaking from experience? :haha:

As a youngster I saw Nine & a half Weeks :woof: .. it put me off feeding someone for life.. :wall:

Inga..

If all you eat is chocolate then you might wish to have an extensive wardrobe for rapid changing :thumbs: Email Madonna for advice on how she does her outfit changes..
Big Grin
So have you made the dessert yet?
Inga Wrote:I haven't made the dessert yet. I must look for the right flour here in Sverige.
Glad to see your diet doesn't just consist of chocolate.. Big Grin

Go to an Italian Deli for the '00' flour or maybe order it online. If you can get hold of 'Snowflake Cake Flour' from an SA shop.. then that might work a little magic too Wink

Madonna doesn't have my email address either. So I guess we're equal :wall: There are other ways to warm up after a day in the snow.. Not tried the Malva like that yet though. Do let us know if it has those remedial properties that ladies lust after..
Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hot Marmalade Pudding recipe DMG-network 0 2,742 15-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Last Post: DMG-network
  Chocolate fondant with white and dark chocolate DMG-network 0 2,445 09-12-2010, 07:16 PM
  Franschhoek Cape seed loaf DMG-network 0 2,176 06-12-2010, 04:43 PM
  Cape Malva pudding with chocolate DMG-network 0 2,362 23-11-2010, 07:59 PM
  Christmas pudding recipe DMG-network 0 2,722 23-11-2010, 07:59 PM
  Choctober - The Nation Celebrates Chocolate Week DMG-network 0 2,463 28-09-2010, 03:35 PM
  More to Easter Sunday than chocolate eggs DMG-network 0 2,439 25-03-2010, 05:17 PM
  2 Cape Town Restaurants part of World's Top 50! Cheffie 17 7,264 16-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Cheffie
  Cooking @ The Cape Cookery school Cheffie 16 7,032 12-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Strawbs
  Quick and easy pudding dudette 0 3,207 22-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Last Post: dudette