Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coping with Miscarriage
Talk about having the most ecstatic and disheartning two weeks rolled into one!

After very recently having found out I was pregnant, I was determined to do everything in my power to make this pregnancy work .. having suffered a miscarriage 2 years ago which was both a very physical and mentally traumatic experience, particulary the first of me knowing I was pregnant was because I loosing a baby .... I just knew something wasnt right, and when I passed out after loosing so much blood, the hospital confirmed what I thought - so you can imagine what i went through, blaming myself thinking maybe if I knew I was pregnant at the time, this wouldnt of happened ....

... anyway within half an hour of finding out this time I went down to Boots to get my Folic Acid tablets, the thought of drink made me sick and I cut down from 20+ ciggies a day to five within 24 hrs (to those of you who smoke will know what a feat this is!)

Everything was going fine for the first few days of me finding out .... without becoming graphic ... and to cut a long story short .... I lost the baby this weekend.

I have to go for a scan tomorrow at 9am

I feel so so quilty (for what I dont know) and hopeless ... what is wrong with me that I cant carry a child. I feel absolutely mortified.

The only consolation I can give to newly expectant mums though, is that according to the doctors I have seen over the past couple of days ... blood loss ... brown or red ... doesnt necessarily mean a miscarriage .... each case is different.

If anybody has been through a similar thing ... talk to someone ... more so to those who have been through it .... we seem to be forgotten about sometimes. Sad
Hi Shells:

Quote:Originally posted by Shellsbells

After very recently having found out I was pregnant, I was determined to do everything in my power to make this pregnancy work .. having suffered a miscarriage 2 years ago which was both a very physical and mentally traumatic experience, particulary the first of me knowing I was pregnant was because I loosing a baby .... I just knew something wasnt right, and when I passed out after loosing so much blood, the hospital confirmed what I thought - so you can imagine what i went through, blaming myself thinking maybe if I knew I was pregnant at the time, this wouldnt of happened ....

... anyway within half an hour of finding out this time I went down to Boots to get my Folic Acid tablets, the thought of drink made me sick and I cut down from 20+ ciggies a day to five within 24 hrs (to those of you who smoke will know what a feat this is!)

Everything was going fine for the first few days of me finding out .... without becoming graphic ... and to cut a long story short .... I lost the baby this weekend.

I feel so so quilty (for what I dont know) and hopeless ... what is wrong with me that I cant carry a child. I feel absolutely mortified.

The only consolation I can give to newly expectant mums though, is that according to the doctors I have seen over the past couple of days ... blood loss ... brown or red ... doesnt necessarily mean a miscarriage .... each case is different.

If anybody has been through a similar thing ... talk to someone ... more so to those who have been through it .... we seem to be forgotten about sometimes. Sad

Gee, I'm so very sorry for you, girl. My heart goes out to you...

TP
Shells...words cannot describe how i feel this moment reading this bit of sad news...just get your strength up and remember these things happen for a reason......Smile

will bel u....Smile
Quote:Originally posted by The Phoenix
Hi Shells:

Gee, I'm so very sorry for you, girl. My heart goes out to you...

TP

Thanks TP

People expect me to get over it like that .... cos it wasnt a born child .... at the end of the day I have still lost a baby and I blame myself .... Ill be ok in a couple of weeks once the physical side of things have settled down and I can start coping with it.

Shells..........((((((((hugs)))))))))

I am so sorry to hear this Shellsbells....... I know what you are going through.....feelings of "what did I do wrong".........they are normal feelings but YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!!!

I really am lost for words......just wanted to offer you my sympathy......
Thanks TP

People expect me to get over it like that .... cos it wasnt a born child .... at the end of the day I have still lost a baby and I blame myself .... Ill be ok in a couple of weeks once the physical side of things have settled down and I can start coping with it.

Shells,

Whatever you have to do physically to get over this, and even though I'm not a girl, I do know that the one thing you must not do is blame yourself.

TP
Thanks Cubbie and Suep!

Your thoughts mean alot!
Shells.........you have lost a baby!!!! And dont let anyone tell you otherwise!!!!!!

You will have the same emotions........
you must work through every stage of your grief........

and talk to people......dont bottle your emotions up inside......I know that is easier said than done, but I hope you have one special person that you can talk to wherever/whenever.
ShellsBells,

I am so sorry for your loss, it must be jus heartbreaking. I know it is early days, but I understand your heartbreak.

I hope all goes well, and that you feel better soon.

Best love,
Pam
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by suep
Shells.........you have lost a baby!!!! And dont let anyone tell you otherwise!!!!!!

You will have the same emotions........
you must work through every stage of your grief........

and talk to people......dont bottle your emotions up inside......I know that is easier said than done, but I hope you have one special person that you can talk to wherever/whenever.

Suep hun ... you have obviously been there too? ..... its a hard time for me and I will realise eventually that it is one of those things that have happened out of my control ... but at the moment i feel like ****e.

Ill get there ... i have so much support so I know I will.

Pam, thanks for your kind words!

xxxx