Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Have Any Pets?
Pets are wonderful for children as they grow up, we were never without an animal or a bird in the house.

I have 2 cats plus my Mom's cat so a total of 3 in the house - they are all so spoilt :cloud9: - and so well loved in the family. :p
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
nikkinaz Wrote:Pets are wonderful for children as they grow up, we were never without an animal or a bird in the house.

I have 2 cats plus my Mom's cat so a total of 3 in the house - they are all so spoilt :cloud9: - and so well loved in the family. :p

I also grew up with a house full of pets. They were all much loved members of our family. I'd like my son to experience the same thing. He loves animals & I think having pets plays a very important role in teaching kids responsibility & empathy for all creatures. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:I also grew up with a house full of pets. They were all much loved members of our family. I'd like my son to experience the same thing. He loves animals & I think having pets plays a very important role in teaching kids responsibility & empathy for all creatures. Smile

Agreed - hope your son gets a kitty soon ! Big Grin
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Venus Wrote:I also grew up with a house full of pets. They were all much loved members of our family. I'd like my son to experience the same thing. He loves animals & I think having pets plays a very important role in teaching kids responsibility & empathy for all creatures. Smile

i agree...especially if u have only one child..the company is good for them....i am only going to get a dog once i have my own hgome....cannot have a dog scratching the doors etc of a rented home... :dazed: Confusedurfing:
I've been scanning our local papers over the last few months for possible puppies or kittens as well as our closest animal shelter. Have you seen the price of pets in this country? Eg. to buy a dog from the animal shelter is about £80!! :eek:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<

My mother did not like pets in the house while growing up - I did have a few horses, though ...........

Maybe that's why now I have all the adorables I can care for - to make up for everything I've missed !!! :haha:

Agree with you, Venus - they can still even teach grown-up's a thing or two - it's amazing how compassionate they are - getting home after work (or even only getting the mail), they're always excited to see you !!!
Venus Wrote:I've been scanning our local papers over the last few months for possible puppies or kittens as well as our closest animal shelter. Have you seen the price of pets in this country? Eg. to buy a dog from the animal shelter is about £80!! :eek:

If you think the price of pets in the UK is bad then it's even worse here...my daughter has a Yorkshire Terrier puppy that we bought in Sweden...we paid £800!! No you're not seeing things it is £800. Budgies cost £25 & hamsters £12. The hamster needed an op and that was £70!! One can't put a price on a life. Hope that you're able to find something soon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what pets did you have to leave at home in SA Safferbeauty 12 5,888 22-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Last Post: sue w
  What Pets Have You Had. Bushbaby 5 3,310 18-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Last Post: sue w