Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairies
Pronkertjie Wrote:Whenever I see green moss growing I think of my childhood fairies.... and the snowdrops that are out now, are possibly their flowers Smile

I've also always thought of moss & snowdrops as being fairy plants. I believe that they love bluebells, roses & foxgloves too. Big Grin
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
This is the most delightful thread!

I also believe in fairies and believed that they were in the den in the bottom of our garden, we also used to leave them notes etc. :lovef:

I also associate moss with fairies :haha:

Wonder how many kids of today believe in fairies?
Strawbs Wrote:This is the most delightful thread!

I also believe in fairies and believed that they were in the den in the bottom of our garden, we also used to leave them notes etc. :lovef:

I also associate moss with fairies :haha:

Wonder how many kids of today believe in fairies?

I'm so glad you also believe in them, Warbie! :thumbs: I saw fairies when I was a child. I was quite small & we were staying in a caravan park in Southbroom. I saw lots of twinkling lights flying in the trees. My parents told me they were fireflies, but I know they were fairies. Big Grin

I don't think many kids today see much more beyond their mobile phone or DVD player. Sad
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:I saw lots of twinkling lights flying in the trees. My parents told me they were fireflies, but I know they were fairies. Big Grin
Sad

:crylol: I can just picture your face too when you say that!!!
Strawbs Wrote::crylol: I can just picture your face too when you say that!!!

Ja, my face is saying, "don't rain on my parade!". :haha:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:Ja, my face is saying, "don't rain on my parade!". :haha:

My folks used to say something about flying ants too and I cant for the life of me remember what it was!! :wall:
Venus Wrote:My mom also collects Angels. There are some really beautiful ones around. Do you just collect figurines? Or like me with fairies, anything to do with them? Smile

No, not just figurines - also anything about them - I have Angel soaps, candles, books, stationary, wind-charms, a T-shirt and a beautiful angel-printed dress, etc. Even some Angel jewellery - my most prized (and pricey :p) possession is a pair of earrings - little gold Angels each holding a diamond "ball". I bought them in Los Angeles - the City of Angels !!

I also adore fairies, actually any mythical, mystical creatures - and it's magic to hear that there are quite a few 'believers' right here on Buzz ........... :wings:
Pronkertjie Wrote:Hi Southeaster.....

This sounds a little bit like my childhood. The neighbours had quite a big garden, with huge rocks and all around the rocks were moss growing. My friend and I believed that the fairies lived there. It was our favourite place during the holidays - sitting there and talking about the fairies and even leaving notes for them.

:daisy:

Pronks...we pass the Fairy bridge alot and it is folklore tradition to say hello to the fairies as we pass - or else bad luck..... :p :p

It is really lovely here.....i must post a pic of me sitting at the Fairy Bridge....they also have a tree here that ppl stop and post messages on them...quite quaint....

I observed a few dummies on the tree too...some ppl take their babies to the tree and hang the dummies on the tree for the fairies to take .. as they need the dummies more than the babies....nice way of weaning the dummies away... :crylol: :crylol:
Icecub Wrote:I observed a few dummies on the tree too...some ppl take their babies to the tree and hang the dummies on the tree for the fairies to take .. as they need the dummies more than the babies....nice way of weaning the dummies away... :crylol: :crylol:

Oh, I love that idea! :haha:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Almitra Wrote:No, not just figurines - also anything about them - I have Angel soaps, candles, books, stationary, wind-charms, a T-shirt and a beautiful angel-printed dress, etc. Even some Angel jewellery - my most prized (and pricey :p) possession is a pair of earrings - little gold Angels each holding a diamond "ball". I bought them in Los Angeles - the City of Angels !!

I also adore fairies, actually any mythical, mystical creatures - and it's magic to hear that there are quite a few 'believers' right here on Buzz ........... :wings:

Almitra, your earrings sound gorgeous! :thumbs: I wonder if they make fairy ones with diamonds ..................... :mmm:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<