Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Lord - Cape Town City
Hi,
I have just joined. Saw your remarks about the late Frank. I don't know if you are aware of the fact that there is now a book out on the full history of SA soccer.
See http://www.soccerthroughtheyears.com
I am the author of the 400 A4 page publication which took over 3 years to complete.
Please pass the word around.
Regards
Peter Raath

post with ForumAdmin acknowledgement
Hi Peter

in the Welcome thread I asked whether you were quite involved in the SA soccer scene and now I see you have answered the question

Smile

welcome aboard
mcamp999 Wrote:Hartleyvale is now a hockey stadium, the railway stand and the Hoskin stand have been pulled down.

Some more players include Mick Hill and Alan Welsh will have a think about the Bobby's

Mick Hill commited suicide on his return to the UK. When you get my book you'll see how many ex-CTC players are deceased. Very Sad!
One Bobby was Bobby Fuller. He lives in Newcastle.
Cheers
Peter
how have I missed this thread... shall have to get my dad on the pc to read up and then post (shall be under my name if that's ok)
In love there are two things - bodies and words.
penelope Wrote:Those were the days....I went out with Ben a few times.....was just looking at photo's of him in my album....what a hunk he was don't know whether he still is....

Ben is still a hunk. He teaches in CT and came to my book launch together with many ex-players like George Eastham, Frank Lord, John Sissons and many more.
Peter Raath Wrote:Mick Hill commited suicide on his return to the UK. When you get my book you'll see how many ex-CTC players are deceased. Very Sad!
One Bobby was Bobby Fuller. He lives in Newcastle.
Cheers
Peter

Bingo..... that's the one... he got married to a friend of mine.... do you have an address for him ... :mmm:
Durban City was my team....will never forget the derby days against the "scum" Durban United!!! :haha:

Also old Silver Fox Norman Elliott........
Phuza, Bepha , Souza!!
Peter Raath Wrote:Mick Hill commited suicide on his return to the UK.

Yes, I heard about that, but it was quite an involved storey if my memory serves me correctly. He had also had some involvement with Wynberg which went sour.
Gregg Wrote:Durban City was my team....will never forget the derby days against the "scum" Durban United!!! :haha:

Also old Silver Fox Norman Elliott........

So I presume Greg that Salton, Le Roux and Deetlifs were not favourites of yours when they "crossed" the road!
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.
penelope Wrote:My memory cells seems to have disappeared don't remember any of the above names. Do you know whether Hartleyvale still exists??
There were also two Bobby's there....a friend of mine got married to one of them....if I remember correctly they were from the North of England.

Thanks to the above posting and to Peter Raath that I have just spoken to my friend for the first time in 30 years....can't believe it...I'm over the moon. The other Bobby was Bobby Finch...my friend told me that he died some years ago of meningitis. The wonders of internet..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cape Town soccer at a crossroads mcamp999 2 4,084 30-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Cape Town City hilton_teper 0 12,702 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: