Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRRRRR Shut down problems
HELP! Please... anyone...

I renewed my subscription to Norton AV 2004. I did a Live Update and a system scan and all was clear. My laptop is still working fine, except when I go START, SHUTDOWN. Then my pc hangs... nothing happens. So what I am able to do is shut it down through the Task Manager.

This is so kokaaid! It is driving me insane! I just cannot find a solution on Google at all. There is loads written on APM, but I do not have this NT APM in my Device Manager so I cannot do any settings....

Is it possible that my pc could've gotten sick for the 24hrs that it was without AV? :help: :help: :dazed:
Beans
Bean of Love Wrote:HELP! Please... anyone...

I renewed my subscription to Norton AV 2004. I did a Live Update and a system scan and all was clear. My laptop is still working fine, except when I go START, SHUTDOWN. Then my pc hangs... nothing happens. So what I am able to do is shut it down through the Task Manager.

This is so kokaaid! It is driving me insane! I just cannot find a solution on Google at all. There is loads written on APM, but I do not have this NT APM in my Device Manager so I cannot do any settings....

Is it possible that my pc could've gotten sick for the 24hrs that it was without AV? :help: :help: :dazed:

Hi Bean

I am sure that the NAV would have picked up anything you may have got while u had no NAV.

Did this problem start straight after u updated the NAV? Disable the antivirus and see if it makes any difference to the shutting down problem.

What operating system do you have? 98? XP?
I found this link

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029&sd=RMVP#3
Thank you angelbabe.

I am busy looking at the problem.. thanx for the link!
Beans

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouse problems TracyW 10 6,703 24-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Last Post: penelope
  Hi-fi Problems Bean of Love 5 4,715 18-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Bean of Love
  pc problems Curio 3 3,323 23-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Last Post: angelbabe
  Problems with internet explorer lols 8 6,318 01-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Hampshire Hog