Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon Ramsay - kitchen nightmares
As some of you might know, the esteemed Chef Gordon Ramsay is appearing on local TV (Ch4) on Tuesday evenings.

I'd be interested to hear your viewpoints on the actual programme (granted its after the 21h00 benchmark and therefore prone to 'alternative viewing').

I've been chatting with some food critics, Chefs etc about the programme - and all hype excluded - they felt there was too much swearing.
Is this the general consensus from the masses or are we being inundated with 'reality' type TV programmes that are slowly wearing down our senses?

IMHO (and I'll reserve judgement till after the DVD box set is in my hands - deleted scenes a must Big Grin ) I think its a true reflection on what is going on behind the doors of some kitchens.

Hilarious to a point, downright disgusting in other areas I agree - at the end of the day it's a showcase of restaurants that have applied to have their businesses given a once over by the Chef.

To date I have managed to see one programme - and thoroughly enjoyed the banter, advice, the 'actual' life etc that is being portrayed. I do however speak from someone in the industry and fully understand a lot of the points, issues and concerns raised - though I'm not sure if everyone else might see it in the same light.

I do wonder if this series will have the same effect as 'Kitchen Confidential - Anthony Bourdain', a brilliant book IMO, on the 'viewing public.

Your thoughts...

Personally.. I cannot wait for the boxed set of DVD's... Wink
I saw some of the program and found it rather interesting myself. Unfortunately Ramsy did swear a lot, but I gather that's the kind of guy he is, and if the producers want to involve him, I doubt there is any way they'd get him to stop.
I'd have liked to have watched more but the hubby couldn't stand the swearing.
Is it really neccessary for Ramsay to swear that much? I feel extremely sorry for his staff - imagine working for someone like him? *Shudder*
Quote:Originally posted by Ash
Is it really neccessary for Ramsay to swear that much? I feel extremely sorry for his staff - imagine working for someone like him? *Shudder*

Ash i disagree, those two so called chefs in that kitchen did not have a clue, the head chef was so lethargic he needed a good smack. They could not even cook a omlette and the state of that kitchen was disgusting.
i think his swearing was necessary to whip those "chefs" into action
they were a hazard to the customers and also to that womans business

i know a chef who thinks gordon ranseys is a rubbish chef anyhow ! lol
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
Personally.. I cannot wait for the boxed set of DVD's... Wink

It's not your birthday yet, stop hinting! Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
i think his swearing was necessary to whip those "chefs" into action
they were a hazard to the customers and also to that womans business

i know a chef who thinks gordon ranseys is a rubbish chef anyhow ! lol

I've seen a program about Ramsay - where he lets rip with his own staff in his restaurant - he treats them like absolute dirt...
Quote:Originally posted by Ash
I've seen a program about Ramsay - where he lets rip with his own staff in his restaurant - he treats them like absolute dirt...

Those trainee chefs are queueing to work for him :chef:
Quote:Originally posted by Mark

That's true LOL
Quote:Originally posted by Mark

If I could cook I would cue to:dazed:
eisher than eish!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gordon Ramsay - Hells Kitchen jewels 63 22,059 07-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Cheffie