Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Cholesterol...
Here is the link to the HPlori web site for anyone suffering with heartburn and stomuch problems that 'could' be related to the Helicobacter Pylori bacteria .... http://65.18.197.103/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl ... Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Hampshire Hog
Hi Cubbie

Yeah I also have the Heartburn problem, even though I am on permanent medication. Whether it will work for you, it certailnly works for me and that is to drink a large glass of chilled (not ice cold) water. I usually run the tap for a while then I fill the glass. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and that's when I really need it. It normally works unless it is a very serious attack. All I can suggest is try it and see.

I will keep an eye on the boards to see how you get on. Meanwhile, keep smiling, life is too short to worry about it.

Best regards

HH
Confusedunny: :chorus:

Being very health concious myself, I was shocked when I went to the doctor the other day for my annual MOT, she took some bloodsamples, and not only did she discover that my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels were 54.7...should be about 0.8 ( so I am now on 100mcg of Thyroxine daily), but also found that my total cholesterol count is 7.2!!! I went back for a proper fasting lipogram to find out what the ratio between HDL and LDL is. Seems as if all the screws are falling off!!
I feel very sorry for you guys with stomach problems, I do not think there is anything as bad as constant stomach pain and or heartburn. Hope you get sorted!

:daisy:
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Being very health concious myself, I was shocked when I went to the doctor the other day for my annual MOT, she took some bloodsamples, and not only did she discover that my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels were 54.7...should be about 0.8 ( so I am now on 100mcg of Thyroxine daily), but also found that my total cholesterol count is 7.2!!! I went back for a proper fasting lipogram to find out what the ratio between HDL and LDL is. Seems as if all the screws are falling off!!
I feel very sorry for you guys with stomach problems, I do not think there is anything as bad as constant stomach pain and or heartburn. Hope you get sorted!

Shame Joan ... not such good news then .... well hopefully when the thyroid pills kick in ... u will be rearing to go Wink .... I also need to get my cholestrol checked .... had bloods done not long ago and forgot to ask for that to be done :wall:
HPylori and the oral connection ...... treating with Mastic Gum .... http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_...D=1&ID=135

Hi Joan

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry to hear that you too are a member of our club. I think some of us suffer with the "old age" syndrome creeping up on us and no MOT is going to cure all. We need to follow some sort of healthy eating / exercise regime etc.

All I can say is that you take care as well and we will continue to watch this space.

Regards

HH

:chorus:
Hi Joan

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry to hear that you too are a member of our club. I think some of us suffer with the "old age" syndrome creeping up on us and no MOT is going to cure all. We need to follow some sort of healthy eating / exercise regime etc.

All I can say is that you take care as well and we will continue to watch this space.

Regards

HH

:chorus:

Hi HH
That is what bothers me, I do follow such a healthy lifestyle, I am active, I check what I eat, I just took the MOT as a regular check up... what a shock!
Well better to know than not to know so that one can do something about it. I am now awaiting the results of the last bloodtests ,,,,,,,, hopefully the HDL will be high, but even so, I know that a total cholesterol of 7.2 is not good, so the next thing will be a statin, sore muscles, and then ???

:rofl:

So, let us not worry and be happy..................???

:rofl:

(So, let us not worry and be happy..................???
Hi Joan

I think I will join you on this. I will wait 'til my next blood test in just over two month's time, then hopefully the cholesterol will have dropped. If not then on we go to phase two.

It's nice to know that there are many sympathetic "ears" out there to give us some reassurance.

Thanks again for sharing this with us and the others.

Regards

HH
:chorus: Confusedunny:
Hi Joan

I think I will join you on this. I will wait 'til my next blood test in just over two month's time, then hopefully the cholesterol will have dropped. If not then on we go to phase two.

It's nice to know that there are many sympathetic "ears" out there to give us some reassurance.

Thanks again for sharing this with us and the others.

Regards

HH
:chorus: Confusedunny:

HH
I bought some of this Pro-Active yogurt and spread, cannot find any of the "milk" in our Sainsbury's yet. According the the manufactures one has to have three servings of Pro-Active daily for it to be effective and not more (more is not better!)...
That will then be one tub of yogurt, two teaspoonfuls of spread and one glass of milk per day...
I am going to give this a try, I honestly do not want to start taking any of the statins if I can help it!

Joan:chorus:
HH
I bought some of this Pro-Active yogurt and spread, cannot find any of the "milk" in our Sainsbury's yet. According the the manufactures one has to have three servings of Pro-Active daily for it to be effective and not more (more is not better!)...
That will then be one tub of yogurt, two teaspoonfuls of spread and one glass of milk per day...
I am going to give this a try, I honestly do not want to start taking any of the statins if I can help it!

Joan:chorus:

Hi Joan ..... Is this a special diet to reduce cholestrol? Is that pro-biotics you are referring to? And what is the spread? And the "milk" ? .... sorry just a bit confused what you are discussing here and it sounds interesting Smile
Quote:Originally posted by sunny
Hi Joan ..... Is this a special diet to reduce cholestrol? Is that pro-biotics you are referring to? And what is the spread? And the "milk" ? .... sorry just a bit confused what you are discussing here and it sounds interesting Smile

Sunny , these products are made especially for to lower high levels of cholesterol, I used the brand name of one, the other one is called Benecol.
Probitiotics are diferent things ( I think!!!) all together!

Confusedunny:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cholesterol Joan 8 4,890 16-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Last Post: jewels