Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunchtime snacks
Whirlpool here you are encouraged to put one of those plastic ice brick things in the lunch box so that health and safety doesn't have a hissy but few do Smile
A month of lunchbox ideas

http://www.foodstandards.gov.uk/news/new...e/lunchbox

Big Grin
Mine enjoy rice cakes with grated cheese or cottage cheese. They also have celery sticks.
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
What healthy snacks do you put in your children's lunchboxes?

Here's what I've used, but I'm running out of ideas...

sliced cheese
fruit sticks
carrot sticks
clementines
raisins
grapes...

help!!

:eek:

What about provita's with marmite.

I normally give my daughter a ham, cheese & cucumber sandwich
with an apple, pear, banana or dried fruit. I think she is also wanting a bit of a change though.
Quote:Originally posted by curio
What about provita's with marmite.

I normally give my daughter a ham, cheese & cucumber sandwich
with an apple, pear, banana or dried fruit. I think she is also wanting a bit of a change though.

gosh curio....u guys are so lucky....i wish my son would try even try these sort of things..fuss pot he is...Sad
Bearing in mind, these are things I've tried and met with mixed success.
I've also tried digestive biscuits (worked with one not the other)
strawberries
And sometimes for a change, instead of sending sandwiches, I put their sandwiches on hot dog rolls... Smile
Another thing my girls enjoy is a toasted sandwich, it sometimes is ham and cheese or just cheese. They quite enjoy them cold.
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
gosh curio....u guys are so lucky....i wish my son would try even try these sort of things..fuss pot he is...Sad
lotsa chocolate??
we find that the lunch boxes can start to get expensive as well.
as for ice packs, Jem, they have them plus the lunch box goes into a fridge, yet there is this warm mush that comes home...Sick
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

I feel your pain Cubs....I vowed that I would NEVER have a fussy child, as that is one thing that I can't stand...but alas I have been blessed with one...:mad: My 4 yr old hardly eats anything and eats NO veg or fruit...:eek: She will only eat apples. Now at the moment they are only staying at school til 12, so are not taking lunch yet...but they are allowed to take a fruit to eat at tea time (ONLY a fruit)..My daughter is so sick of apples that she chooses to take nothing...I'm not too worried as she eats her main meals at home but it is embarrassing because she is the only one that won't eat anything and has to go sit and read a book when the others eat.... :o

My son on the other hand is a human garbage can and will eat anything I toss at him...but having said that he would be mortified if I had to give him cocktail tomatoes and celery sticks etc to nibble on. at school...then again he is a 13 yr old with a major image to uphold!!!!!!!!...a couple of sarmies, a cooldrink, a fruit are fine for him...if there are luxuries in the house, like chips or sweets etc I'll stick them in too but thats not everyday.......
I was thinking of this subject again, and in the past year I have come up with more alternatives (some of them not so healthy! lol)

I have discovered those Tubes of yoghurt called Frubes (can't remember the other brand!)
I freeze them and then include them in the children's lunchboxes, so that by the time they get to lunch, they are still cool
I've also discovered those cocktail sausages they sell in packs of 20/30/40 at the supermarket. I hate them and avoid cooking them if I can, so including these saves me the agony of having to eat them Big Grin

What have you discovered?