Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunchtime snacks
dudette Wrote:I was thinking of this subject again, and in the past year I have come up with more alternatives (some of them not so healthy! lol)

I have discovered those Tubes of yoghurt called Frubes (can't remember the other brand!)
I freeze them and then include them in the children's lunchboxes, so that by the time they get to lunch, they are still cool
I've also discovered those cocktail sausages they sell in packs of 20/30/40 at the supermarket. I hate them and avoid cooking them if I can, so including these saves me the agony of having to eat them Big Grin

What have you discovered?

My kids love wraps! I normally do chicken mayonise wraps or ham and cucmber wraps. Small pitta bread with fillings. I normally include mostly healthy stuff luckily my kids love fruit and then something with chocolate like mini jaffa cakes, or jamie dodgers or mini muffins.
[Image: qubranch_sig.gif]
My kids have school dinners but I have to put a snack in for them, they love the peperrami salami sausages and school bars which is fruit bars made with apple apricot and pear,the little packets of dried fruit at Asda also great.
Tesco also have little packets Winnie the Pooh and Scooby Doo bread sticks.