Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music collectors
I have just spent some time trying to find a download or music clip
of Fire by the Crazy World of Artheur Brown, only to discover that I have a cover by Carl Palmer and ELP as well as the original on an obscure compilation....with over 250 LP's and around 600 CD's it is almost impossible to remember what one has.
Has anyone resorted to cataloging their music collections and if so what software package are you using.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
Yes...

I used to have them all on DB3+ and then Access which was a necessity having thousands of them but sadly somewhere along the line I lost my files so now I have naught and I just can't be bothered to recreate the file.....
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Yes...

I used to have them all on DB3+ and then Access which was a necessity having thousands of them but sadly somewhere along the line I lost my files so now I have naught and I just can't be bothered to recreate the file.....

There are some really good looking ones around, just put the CD into the drive and it reads of the data, the trouble is, which one to go for. I want to do it now before the collection gets any bigger.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
Quote:Originally posted by spam
There are some really good looking ones around, just put the CD into the drive and it reads of the data, the trouble is, which one to go for. I want to do it now before the collection gets any bigger.

I need one that does that for LP's too as my vinyl collerction is still larger than my cd collection Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Yes...

I started cataloging my music collection onto Access a few years ago but it became a far larger task than I had time for. Spam, the software that you're describing sounds like a far better idea!
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Spam, did you eventually find something to do this?

I resorted to using Excel years ago, but my catalogueing of what type of music per album is not very accurate, besides, like you I have the same piece of music often performed by different performers so would very much like to try find a complete album contents listing on the web that i could add to the sorting .
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]
http://www.mpegware.com/ This is a trial version tho.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Les Nuits Capitales – Paris Live Music DMG-network 0 3,973 22-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: DMG-network
  80s music quiz. Curio 8 5,808 17-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Last Post: penelope
  The 80's Music TheDuck 34 14,126 01-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Curio
  Need some help in the new music thread. Curio 12 6,794 26-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Strawbs
  Music artists that you have seen "live" Curio 45 16,112 24-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Last Post: spam
  Go SA Music!! napalmtwilight 0 3,959 10-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Last Post: napalmtwilight
  Afrikaans music in the UK picanin 4 4,899 09-04-2004, 04:58 PM