Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Top Sellers
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Who do you like that's in the charts at the moment?

Ian Rankin is very good.
I've bought "The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency" and will be reading that soon, perhaps tonight.
Have just finished His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
Who's read The Da Vinci Code?
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Ian Rankin is very good.
I've bought "The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency" and will be reading that soon, perhaps tonight.
Have just finished His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
Who's read The Da Vinci Code?

I have not read the Da Vinci code, but I have read The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency, and the next one in the series. I am about to purchase the next 3 after that. It is a wonderful book!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Right i got a new one this morning.....

The Fire Baby by Jim Kelly...

In the stifling heatwave of June 1976, a US plane crashes on the Cambridgeshre Fens, the point of impact the remote Black Bank Farm ... Out of the flames walks a young woman Maggie Beck, clutching a baby in her arms....

Twenty-seven yrs later, and Maggie is dying. Journalist Philip Dryden knows this, because Maggie is lying in hospital next to his wife Laura.

As Maggie prepares to leave this world, so Lauara - locked in a coma for four years - appears to be slowly returning to it. And for the last few days she has listened to Maggie's deathbed confession surrounding events on the night of the crash all those yrs ago.

It is a confession that will blow open the murder story whiah Dryden is covering. But can Laura somehow communicate to her husband the shocking secrets she has learned....????

This promises to be a good book...anybody interested in reading and discussing it????
That does sound interesting... I'll see if I can get it. Smile
Wait for meeeeee Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Right i got a new one this morning.....

The Fire Baby by Jim Kelly...

[b]In the stifling heatwave of June 1976, a US plane crashes on the Cambridgeshre Fens, the point of impact the remote Black Bank Farm ... Out of the flames walks a young woman Maggie Beck, clutching a baby in her arms....

Twenty-seven yrs later, and Maggie is dying. Journalist Philip Dryden knows this, because Maggie is lying in hospital next to his wife Laura.

As Maggie prepares to leave this world, so Lauara - locked in a coma for four years - appears to be slowly returning to it. And for the last few days she has listened to Maggie's deathbed confession surrounding events on the night of the crash all those yrs ago.

It is a confession that will blow open the murder story whiah Dryden is covering. But can Laura somehow communicate to her husband the shocking secrets she has learned....????

This promises to be a good book...anybody interested in reading and discussing it???? [/B]

Whatever happened to the idea of the James Patterson book Nikki and I suggested?

Oh, nevermind. I'll do both.
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Whatever happened to the idea of the James Patterson book Nikki and I suggested?

Oh, nevermind. I'll do both.

There just werent many takers for that idea. This is kind of like a brainstorming session until a book appears that a decent number of people want to read.
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
There just werent many takers for that idea. This is kind of like a brainstorming session until a book appears that a decent number of people want to read.

Sure, whatever pleases the masses Big Grin

Just you all let me know when you have all decided what the next book will be...

I'm ready to try anything Wink
--Mahatma Gandhi
Hi there

Brainstorming is fine, but considering when I first suggested the book club on VS so many folks were interested. Now when a few books are put up we do not get any takers nor any comments....no one really seems to bother much in saying yes or no or even suggesting a book.... I might have suggested an odd book previously - fine!, but I wish people would say NO I do not want to read that but perhaps this, instead the book club stays untouched for a few days...!

I will read both of these books no problem, but perhaps we should settle on ONE ... and a few replies would be nice. I am not too sure if the "club" will ever get to read a book and talk about it.
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Bushbaby did you read the book by Diane Awerbuck - what did you think ?
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Hi there

Brainstorming is fine, but considering when I first suggested the book club on VS so many folks were interested. Now when a few books are put up we do not get any takers nor any comments....no one really seems to bother much in saying yes or no or even suggesting a book.... I might have suggested an odd book previously - fine!, but I wish people would say NO I do not want to read that but perhaps this, instead the book club stays untouched for a few days...!

I will read both of these books no problem, but perhaps we should settle on ONE ... and a few replies would be nice. I am not too sure if the "club" will ever get to read a book and talk about it.

I reckon it is going to be virtually impossible to get everyone to agree on a book, Nikki.

You know I agree with you fully, and you know how I feel on this subject. You and I can read the James Patterson book and discuss it, as no-one else seemed keen...

I will also try and get the one Icecub suggested, although I am a bit reluctant to buy a book by an author I do not know. Guess it is time to join the local library Big Grin

I will get back to you as soon as I have the Patterson book (hopefully this wekend)
--Mahatma Gandhi