Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One hit wonders or 80's songs
Jangar Wrote:Oh dear !!!!

The Missus has banned me from singing along to old 80's songs Blush

Not sure if it's because I sing badly, or because I (don't) remember the words corectly... :haha:

Anyways, Murray Head's (ABBA's) "One Night in Bangkok" was playing on the radio today and I just had to sing along :p

I didn't ban you, I just threatened to sing louder. :p

What lovely memories this "old" thread has stirred. I remember going to a fantastic work party around the late '80s/early '90s & The Bats were playing live. They were fabulous! We had such a party! :jive:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:I didn't ban you, I just threatened to sing louder. :p

:jive:

Same difference :jester:
jimswin Wrote:Oh yeah..... The Rotunda in Cape town...
...and the Aquarius in Camps Bay, don't remember what bands were on there, after a 5 litre box (between 3 or 4 of us) of no-name brand wyn at R5 a box it was hard to remember anything!
Whenever I start singing my other half says to me "dont sing babes", I think it is because he is jealous he cannot sing like me!!!!!!!!
Tara Wrote:Do you get it though?

Nielen Mirror/ Allan Faull - Faull and Mirror - Falling Mirror . Big Grin

Only problem is, his name was actually Nielen Marais, and he started calling himself Nielen Mirror, some time after the band became a bit of a success.
(God I hate these threads. No need to remind me of how old I am). Sad

ps Here is some info on them: http://www.rock.co.za/files/fm_jctc_notes2.html
Gregg Wrote:How about...............

Robin Auld...... You are all of Women??? :thumbs:

Ha used to see him at the Brass Bell and also won tickets on Radio 5 to watch him at The Three Arts in PLumstead - what a dump

Evoid also sang 'Shadows'

Saw Mango Grove in Market Theatre for the Freddie Mecury Benefit (what a man)

Saw the last ever Top of the Pops last night and was singing and dancing to the songs from the past 40 years - got laughed at by a 6 year old.

Haven't been banned though - Just sing J just sing. Venus will join in, won't you V?
gwasi Wrote:Haven't been banned though - Just sing J just sing. Venus will join in, won't you V?

Imagine this, you're confined in a car, it's 32°C, a really brilliant song starts playing on the radio & the artist suddenly gains a rather out of tune backing vocalist. :noway: Confusedad: But it gets worse, Sad the backing vocalist then decides to drum too, removes his hands from the steering wheel & then veers across the road. :yikes: I have aged, I tell you! :bigcry:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:Imagine this, you're confined in a car, it's 32°C, a really brilliant song starts playing on the radio & the artist suddenly gains a rather out of tune backing vocalist. :noway: Confusedad: But it gets worse, Sad the backing vocalist then decides to drum too, removes his hands from the steering wheel & then veers across the road. :yikes: I have aged, I tell you!

:haha: Classic :thumbs:

Buy him a course of singing lessons at the local choir Wink
You okes are forgetting the No.1 of One hit wonders....

I am the one and only.... Chesney Hawkes

:crylol:
Venus Wrote:Imagine this, you're confined in a car, it's 32°C, a really brilliant song starts playing on the radio & the artist suddenly gains a rather out of tune backing vocalist. :noway: Confusedad: But it gets worse, Sad the backing vocalist then decides to drum too, removes his hands from the steering wheel & then veers across the road. :yikes: I have aged, I tell you! :bigcry:

a dose of his own medicine will do the trick

One hit wonder - 'First Time' - that coke advert from the 80's

First time, first love, oh what feeling is this .....yadda yadda yadda'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Songs that mix great together.... Jangar 0 3,845 25-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  The 20 Best Pop Songs Ever ! Jangar 38 13,509 05-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Extremely emotional songs... Jangar 15 7,778 09-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Last Post: party boy
  Songs that tug on a feeling TheDuck 3 4,126 06-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Almitra
  love songs Safferbeauty 14 8,469 27-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Last Post: birdie
  Songs to make one feel better after a relationship "bust up". Curio 13 8,163 23-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Last Post: edmonsta