Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrap the Tri-Nations ?
Is the Tri-Nations becoming boring for rugby fans ? Had a few discussions with saffer rugby supporters and theyre all for the "old style" rugby tours, International teams playing midweek games v provinces and 3 test matches.

Anyone feeling the same ?
TRANSVAAL RUGBY EN
BOKKE RULZ
wouldn't the Tr Nations depend upon the amount of money made via TV etc?

Being a business, surely it would be monitored to see the overall response of viewers.

I wouldn't know because I 'can't' watch :haha:
Robok Wrote:Is the Tri-Nations becoming boring for rugby fans ? Had a few discussions with saffer rugby supporters and theyre all for the "old style" rugby tours, International teams playing midweek games v provinces and 3 test matches.

Anyone feeling the same ?

Not the way anymore. TV plays an important part in sport nowadays as well as gate takings.

The 6 nations started off as the 4 and i wouldn't be suprised if more northern teams join. The same for the Tri-nations. It'll grow and become more interesting again.

If anything the players are the ones who are suffering with the amount of games that they must play a year.
Robok, it aint gonna happen, as the long tours are just not the ticket anymore. TV and TV money rules now.
Wonder if us Saffers would be happy with it,if we were winning it all the time
durbsboy Wrote:Wonder if us Saffers would be happy with it,if we were winning it all the time

GUESS WE WILL NEVER KNOW :wall: :wall:

See the Sharks beat the Bulls now at Loftus Smile

Wonder how the Cats are doing?

Robok, any ideas?
Our nightmare run continues .... we even lost to Griquas yesterday :bigcry: :dazed:
TRANSVAAL RUGBY EN
BOKKE RULZ
Robok Wrote:Our nightmare run continues .... we even lost to Griquas yesterday :bigcry: :dazed:
Province have been a pleasent surprise, I must admit. How Luke Watson has been left out of the Bok side, I will never know. His form has been outstanding and he has been the driving force behind the Province resurgence.
Province and pleasent dont go together in a sentence :mad:

Watson and Schalk Brits shud b in the Bok squad 4 the home leg of the Tri-nations :am:
TRANSVAAL RUGBY EN
BOKKE RULZ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Six Nations upsets?? jimswin 0 4,034 26-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Last Post: jimswin
  Fantasy Rugby super 14 and 6 nations mcamp999 0 3,099 29-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Last Post: mcamp999
  White makes three changes for the tri-nations game mcamp999 0 2,853 27-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Anybody following Six Nations? Hagar 20 8,958 28-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Joan
  Plan to scrap Streeptrui has WP fuming mcamp999 0 3,648 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Italy 6 Nations TheDuck 0 2,202 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: