Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rasmus
Anyone heard of this band? They have a song in the Top 20 (currently about no. 4 or so) called In The Shadows...

Waddya think? Bought their cd last week, and I really like their stuff - like a toned down Linkin Park.
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Linkin Park on Ritalin... :haha:

Yep, their single "In the Shadows" was all over the radio in SA when I was there in January. It's old news in SA now, but quite new here.

They're a little "soft" for me, but still good value. Great music video.
Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
Linkin Park on Ritalin... :haha:

Yep, their single "In the Shadows" was all over the radio in SA when I was there in January. It's old news in SA now, but quite new here.

They're a little "soft" for me, but still good value. Great music video.

Too "soft" for you? Wink
What you like then? Linkin Park, etc?????

They make cool listening musicBig Grin
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Too "soft" for you? Wink
What you like then? Linkin Park, etc?????

They make cool listening musicBig Grin

No, don't get me wrong, I do like that tune, but it did take a long time to grow on me.

What do I like? Now there's a question that I could take forever to answer... I like all kinds of music...Big Grin
No, don't get me wrong, I do like that tune, but it did take a long time to grow on me.

What do I like? Now there's a question that I could take forever to answer... I like all kinds of music...Big Grin

Ok then!

I have finally got my tickets to see Evanesence next month - I am so chuffed!
--Mahatma Gandhi
Ok then!

I have finally got my tickets to see Evanesence next month - I am so chuffed!

What I meant was that I don't really like any kind of "genre" of music.. if I hear something that I like, then I like it.

Basically, I started mixing about a year ago, so I like Trance, Hard Trance, Hard house, etc to mix with and "jam" with friends.

Otherwise, I like most Rock and Metal, like Live, U2, Queens of the Stone Age, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Nirvana (in their day) etc...

But then also a whole lotta other stuff. I guess I only draw the line at country and jazz, both big no-no's... :haha:

Evanescence is good. Very emotional/powerful stuff, I think. Have fun, I'm jealous!!!
What I meant was that I don't really like any kind of "genre" of music.. if I hear something that I like, then I like it.

Basically, I started mixing about a year ago, so I like Trance, Hard Trance, Hard house, etc to mix with and "jam" with friends.

Otherwise, I like most Rock and Metal, like Live, U2, Queens of the Stone Age, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Nirvana (in their day) etc...

But then also a whole lotta other stuff. I guess I only draw the line at country and jazz, both big no-no's... :haha:

Evanescence is good. Very emotional/powerful stuff, I think. Have fun, I'm jealous!!!

Fanx!! I also love Live, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, etc.....never heard of Queens of Stone Age.....
--Mahatma Gandhi
Fanx!! I also love Live, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, etc.....never heard of Queens of Stone Age.....

You know Dave Grohl, the frontman of Foo Fighters (and ex-Nirvana drummer)... well, he's the drummer of Queens of the Stoneage.... :up

One of their better known songs is "No-one knows"
You know Dave Grohl, the frontman of Foo Fighters (and ex-Nirvana drummer)... well, he's the drummer of Queens of the Stoneage.... :up

One of their better known songs is "No-one knows"

OMG, yes, I think I know who you are talking about - is their music video the one with the deer that straps them on the bonnet?? If so, that is a GREAT song - I really like them! The leas donger has reddy/blondy hair?
--Mahatma Gandhi

What's wrong with country and jazz ??? Except for the fact that they are impossible to mix Sad

I've had my country period (around std. 5 & 6) and my jazz period, in my Tech days, and thankfully they were before my DJ days Big Grin

As such I've nothing against them except I do not like hearing how much the singer misses his / her dog or truck or lover...

As for the jazz songs.... I don't care how blue you feel, no matter how much you play your wind instrument it will never replace the soft lyrical sighs of Aretha or Agnetha..