Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rock Trivia Thread...
What was the first Rock 'n' Roll record to earn "gold" status?
I would think that it must be from the 50's.......... Taking a wild guess here.

"Rock around the clock" by Bill Hayley & the Comets???
Curio Wrote:I would think that it must be from the 50's.......... Taking a wild guess here.

"Rock around the clock" by Bill Hayley & the Comets???

Sorry, got distracted...

Perhaps Elvis may be a clue Smile
There are so many Elvis songs but will have a guess at "Blue Suede Shoes"
Heartbreak Hotel Smile 1956
ditto Dudette
I suppose that I should let you know that it was:

Hard Headed Woman (#1 6/30/58 Billboard), by Elvis Presley was the first rock and roll gold record. It was actually the fourth single of any genre to achieve gold status (i.e. $1 000 000 in sales) after Pat Boone, Gordon Macrae and Lauri London, but still the first rock and roll record to sell that quantity. There's a record for the record books.

Jumping to the 60's Smile

In 1963 Jan and Dean released "Linda" (#28 4/20/63 Billboard). Who was this song written for?
Jangar Wrote:I suppose that I should let you know that it was:

Hard Headed Woman (#1 6/30/58 Billboard), by Elvis Presley was the first rock and roll gold record. It was actually the fourth single of any genre to achieve gold status (i.e. $1 000 000 in sales) after Pat Boone, Gordon Macrae and Lauri London, but still the first rock and roll record to sell that quantity. There's a record for the record books.

Jumping to the 60's Smile

In 1963 Jan and Dean released "Linda" (#28 4/20/63 Billboard). Who was this song written for?

Linda McCartney nee Eastman....you're probably going to correct me so I'll say Linda Eastman
penelope Wrote:Linda McCartney nee Eastman....you're probably going to correct me so I'll say Linda Eastman

:thumbs:

"Linda" was written for entertainment lawyer Lee Eastman's daughter Linda. Little Linda eventually became a groupie, a photographer and the wife of Paul McCartney. And it carries on for another page about her which I won't type / bore you with.

Jumping to the 70's now:

Who was "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" from Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here album written for?
Jangar Wrote:Who was "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" from Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here album written for?

Syd Barrett ??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 2005 Easy Name the Artist Thread Jangar 664 167,309 01-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Last Post: penelope
  A question about the Rock Trivia thread.... Jangar 5 4,298 30-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Need some help in the new music thread. Curio 12 6,987 26-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Strawbs
  The 2006 Rock Trivia Thread... Jangar 0 32,879 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  The 2006 Rock Trivia Thread (part 2) Jangar 0 20,847 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Buzz - trivia music game. Curio 0 3,609 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Some Music Related Trivia Jangar 0 3,647 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: