Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travelling with children
Quote:Originally posted by MzInterpret
hmm... amazing how things like this crop up. Mine has got tonsillitis and I practically had to demand antibiotics today. Doc wanted him to get better naturally... Rolleyes

Also holding thumbs for tomorrow......

he seems okay now...maybe the excitement got to him...:haha:

see u soon...Smile
What about the good "oldie one".
I SPY.........
I know there's not much in a car "to spy" though. So here's another one.

Someone in the car starts a subject for eg. "Girls/boys names".
Whatever the last letter ends with, the next person has to start the next "name" with that letter & so forth.
It could be animals, countries etc.

I remember doing things like this on the trip down to Durban from Jhb when I was a child.
Just put them in the boot or if that doesn't work I get into the boot and they drive at least you get some rest
Never say never
my three + one rear seat = bloodshed
NO MATTER HOW SHORT A JOURNEY; ooopps sorry it is just so stressful, :bigcry: need three virtual reality headsets and a haniball type brace to put an end to my lot fighting. invariably two face outwards the third faces forwards and they sit on their hands for many a minute in every trip....
if there are only two then it is like heaven - let that be a warning for anybody contemplating a third Wink
we played cricket but with colours of cars
Quote:Originally posted by whirlpool
my three + one rear seat = bloodshed
NO MATTER HOW SHORT A JOURNEY; ooopps sorry it is just so stressful, :bigcry: need three virtual reality headsets and a haniball type brace to put an end to my lot fighting. invariably two face outwards the third faces forwards and they sit on their hands for many a minute in every trip....
if there are only two then it is like heaven - let that be a warning for anybody contemplating a third Wink
we played cricket but with colours of cars

For long trips I used to make up a sheet with "spot the items" on it. You can put things like caravans, birds, sheep, cows, planes, cars of specific types or colours, dams etc etc. keeps them busy for a while. As they have got older, a CD walkman or game boy keeps them occupied for the better part of the journey and now their mobile phones keep them busy with games or texting their mates.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 tips to surviving the holidays with children dudette 5 4,998 23-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gwasi
  Travelling with kids dudette 1 4,375 09-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Last Post: dudette
  Children & Emigration Venus 13 8,195 30-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ameniatha
  Children!! Cali 5 4,456 20-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Cali
  Children are so quick.... Pronkertjie 1 3,651 28-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Last Post: penelope
  The questions children ask TheDuck 16 8,111 14-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Venus
  What benefits am I entitled to in the UK with children mcamp999 3 7,426 28-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Helaina
  Teaching our children Afrikaans dudette 6 6,602 26-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Last Post: hantam
  Stereotypes and children Cali 8 5,553 04-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Cali
  Famous children's stories Curio 11 7,155 22-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Almitra